Mark A Stein
Affiliation: University of Illinois at Chicago
- ADHD treatments, sleep, and sleep problems: complex associationsMark A Stein
University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, IL, USA
Neurotherapeutics 9:509-17. 2012..As yet, we have little understanding of the biological or genetic factors related to individual variation in drug response and sleep...
- Dose effects and comparative effectiveness of extended release dexmethylphenidate and mixed amphetamine saltsMark A Stein
Institute for Juvenile Research, University of Illinois, Chicago, Illinois 60608, USA
J Child Adolesc Psychopharmacol 21:581-8. 2011....
- The pharmacogenomic era: promise for personalizing attention deficit hyperactivity disorder therapyMark A Stein
Department of Psychiatry, Institute for Juvenile Research, University of Illinois at Chicago, MC 747, 1747 W Roosevelt Road, Chicago, IL 60608, USA
Child Adolesc Psychiatr Clin N Am 17:475-90, xi-xii. 2008..Based on these studies, the potential for personalizing ADHD treatment in clinical practice will be determined...
- Dopamine transporter genotype and methylphenidate dose response in children with ADHDMark A Stein
Department of Psychiatry, The University of Chicago, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Neuropsychopharmacology 30:1374-82. 2005..Further research is needed to determine the mechanisms related to poor response in patients with the 9/9-repeat genotype, and to determine if this group responds differentially to alternative treatments...
- The complexity of ADHD: diagnosis and treatment of the adult patient with comorbiditiesJeffrey H Newcorn
Division of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Department of Psychiatry, The Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY, USA
CNS Spectr 12:1-14; quiz 15-6. 2007..Finally, Jeffrey H. Newcorn, MD, provides a discussion on the pharmacologic options available for adults with ADHD, considering dosages specific to adults and common comorbidities...
- A dose-response study of OROS methylphenidate in children with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorderMark A Stein
Department of Psychiatry, University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois 60637, USA
Pediatrics 112:e404. 2003..This study was conducted to examine dosage effects on ADHD symptoms and stimulant side effects and to explore potential moderating effects of ADHD subtype...
- Dimensionality, hierarchical structure, age generalizability, and criterion validity of the GAIN's Behavioral Complexity ScaleKendon J Conrad
University of Illinois at Chicago and Chestnut Health Systems, Normal, IL, USA
Psychol Assess 24:913-24. 2012..The finding of 3 low-severity conduct disorder items also supported a revision of categorical criteria, especially in substance use disorders...
- Impairment associated with adult ADHDMark A Stein
Department of Psychiatry, University of Illinois, Chicago, IL, USA
CNS Spectr 13:9-11. 2008
- Plasma homovanillic acid correlates inversely with history of learning problems in healthy volunteer and personality disordered subjectsEmil F Coccaro
Clinical Neuroscience and Psychopharmacology Research Unit, Department of Psychiatry, MC 3077, The University of Chicago, 5841 South Maryland Avenue, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Psychiatry Res 149:297-302. 2007..Replication is needed in treated and untreated ADHD samples to confirm these initial results...
- Differential impact of methylphenidate and atomoxetine on sustained attention in youth with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorderAnne Claude V Bédard
Department of Psychiatry, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY, USA
J Child Psychol Psychiatry 56:40-8. 2015..It was hypothesized that performance would be improved by both treatments, but response profiles would differ because the medications work via different mechanisms...
- Maternal depression predicts maternal use of corporal punishment in children with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorderDong Won Shin
Department of Psychiatry, Kangbuk Samsung Hospital, Sungkyunkwan University School of Medicine, 108 Pyung dong, Jongro Gu, Seoul 110 746, Korea
Yonsei Med J 49:573-80. 2008..We sought to determine if maternal depression contributed to the use of corporal punishment in children with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)...
- Cortisol is inversely correlated with aggression for those boys with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder who retain their reactivity to stressSu Jin Yang
Department of Psychiatry, Chonnam National University Hospital, 5 Hak dong, Dong Gu, Kwangju, 501 746, Republic of Korea
Psychiatry Res 153:55-60. 2007..For the patients who showed increases in their concentration of cortisol in reaction to stress, cortisol may play a protective role against aggression...
- Multisite controlled study of OROS methylphenidate in the treatment of adolescents with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorderTimothy E Wilens
Pediatric Psychopharmacology Unit, Massachusetts General Hospital, YAW 6 6A, 32 Fruit Street, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 160:82-90. 2006..Despite the persistence of attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) into adolescence, little is known about the efficacy and tolerability of stimulant medications in this age group...
- Sequence variation in the human dopamine transporter gene in children with attention deficit hyperactivity disorderMichelle S Mazei-Robison
Department of Pharmacology, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, TN 37232 8548, USA
Neuropharmacology 49:724-36. 2005..Interestingly, the A559V variant was previously identified in a subject with bipolar disorder [. Molecular Psychiatry 5, 275], a psychiatric disorder that has a significant number of overlapping symptoms with ADHD...
- Innovations in attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder pharmacotherapy: long-acting stimulant and nonstimulant treatmentsMark A Stein
Am J Manag Care 10:S89-98. 2004..Direct head-to-head studies are needed to better inform clinical decision making and to identify moderators and mediators of differential response...
- Thyroid function tests and neurocognitive functioning in children referred for attention deficit/hyperactivity disorderMark A Stein
Neuroscience and Behavioral Medicine Research Center, Children s National Medical Center and George Washington University Medical School, 111 Michigan Ave, NW, DC 20010, USA
Psychoneuroendocrinology 28:304-16. 2003..The goal of this study was to determine the relationships between thyroid hormone concentrations, neurocognitive functioning, and psychiatric diagnosis in children...
- Sex differences in young children who meet criteria for attention deficit hyperactivity disorderCynthia M Hartung
Oklahoma State University, USA
J Clin Child Adolesc Psychol 31:453-64. 2002..Young girls and boys who meet DSM-IV criteria for ADHD are more similar than different, but boys tend to display more symptoms of ADHD, particularly in school...
- Can stimulant rebound mimic pediatric bipolar disorder?Christopher S Sarampote
Department of Psychology, Children s National Medical Center, George Washington University School of Medicine, Washington, DC 20010, USA
J Child Adolesc Psychopharmacol 12:63-7. 2002....