Rachel M Stanley
Affiliation: University of Michigan
- Emergency department practice variation in computed tomography use for children with minor blunt head traumaRachel M Stanley
Department of Emergency Medicine and Pediatrics, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI Electronic address
J Pediatr 165:1201-1206.e2. 2014..To describe factors associated with computed tomography (CT) use for children with minor blunt head trauma that are evaluated in emergency departments...
- Appropriateness of children's nonurgent visits to selected Michigan emergency departmentsRachel Stanley
Department of Emergency Medicine, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 0437, USA
Pediatr Emerg Care 23:532-6. 2007..To explore parental rationale and the appropriateness of children's visits to emergency departments (EDs) for nonurgent complaints...
- US estimates of hospitalized children with severe traumatic brain injury: implications for clinical trialsRachel M Stanley
Department of Emergency Medicine, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor MI 48105, USA
Pediatrics 129:e24-30. 2012....
- Development and implementation of a performance measure tool in an academic pediatric research networkRachel Stanley
Department of Emergency Medicine, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, United States
Contemp Clin Trials 31:429-37. 2010..To promote high quality research within the network, it is important to establish evaluation tools to measure performance of the research sites...
- High turnover stays for pediatric asthma in the United States: analysis of the 2006 Kids' Inpatient DatabaseMichelle L Macy
Division of General Pediatrics, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Med Care 48:827-33. 2010..Pediatric observation units provide an alternative to traditional hospitalization. The extent to which observation units could replace inpatient care for asthmatic children is unknown...
- Pain intervention for infant lumbar puncture in the emergency department: physician practice and beliefsJohn D Hoyle
Department of Emergency Medicine, Michigan State University Helen DeVos Children s Hospital, Grand Rapids, USA
Acad Emerg Med 18:140-4. 2011....
- Identification of children at very low risk of clinically-important brain injuries after head trauma: a prospective cohort studyNathan Kuppermann
Department of Emergency Medicine, University of California, Davis School of Medicine, Davis, CA, USA
Lancet 374:1160-70. 2009..CT imaging of head-injured children has risks of radiation-induced malignancy. Our aim was to identify children at very low risk of clinically-important traumatic brain injuries (ciTBI) for whom CT might be unnecessary...
- Parental health literacy and asthma education delivery during a visit to a community-based pediatric emergency department: a pilot studyMichelle L Macy
Child Health Evaluation and Research CHEAR Unit, Division of General Pediatrics, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor 48109 5456, USA
Pediatr Emerg Care 27:469-74. 2011..The objective of the study was to compare change in asthma knowledge among parents with low or adequate health literacy after video or written asthma education delivered during their child's asthma-related emergency department (ED) visit...
- Trends in high-turnover stays among children hospitalized in the United States, 1993-2003Michelle L Macy
University of Michigan, Division of General Pediatrics, 300 N Ingalls, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 5456, USA
Pediatrics 123:996-1002. 2009..The goal of this study was to characterize recent national trends in brief inpatient stays for children in the United States...
- Accuracy of non-contact infrared thermometry versus rectal thermometry in young children evaluated in the emergency department for feverEzio L Fortuna
Children s Emergency Services, and Level E Nurse, Department of Emergency Medicine, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
J Emerg Nurs 36:101-4. 2010..We evaluated the accuracy of a non-contact infrared thermometer compared with a rectal thermometer...
- A survey of emergency physicians' fear of malpractice and its association with the decision to order computed tomography scans for children with minor head traumaAndrew C Wong
Department of Emergency Medicine, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 0305, USA
Pediatr Emerg Care 27:182-5. 2011..We hypothesized that physicians with higher fear of malpractice scores will be more likely to order head CT scans...
- Variation in ancillary testing among pediatric asthma patients seen in emergency departmentsRachel M Stanley
Department of Emergency Medicine, University of Michigan Health System, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Acad Emerg Med 14:532-8. 2007..Variation in the management of acute pediatric asthma within emergency departments is largely unexplored...