Genomes and Genes
Nicholas M Stamatos
Affiliation: University of Maryland
- Polysialylated neuropilin-2 is expressed on the surface of human dendritic cells and modulates dendritic cell-T lymphocyte interactionsSabrina Curreli
Institute of Human Virology, University of Maryland, Baltimore, Maryland 21201, USA
J Biol Chem 282:30346-56. 2007..Thus, this newly recognized polysialylated protein on the surface of dendritic cells influences dendritic cell-T lymphocyte interactions through one or more of its distinct extracellular domains...
- Desialylation of glycoconjugates on the surface of monocytes activates the extracellular signal-related kinases ERK 1/2 and results in enhanced production of specific cytokinesNicholas M Stamatos
Institute of Human Virology, Department of Medicine, University of Maryland Medical Center, University of Maryland, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
J Leukoc Biol 75:307-13. 2004..These results suggest that changes in the sialic acid content of surface glycoconjugates influence the activation of monocytes...
- Differential expression of endogenous sialidases of human monocytes during cellular differentiation into macrophagesNicholas M Stamatos
Institute of Human Virology, University of Maryland, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
FEBS J 272:2545-56. 2005..Thus, the differentiation of monocytes into macrophages is associated with regulation of the expression of at least three distinct cellular sialidases, with specific up-regulation of the enzyme activity of only Neu1...
- LPS-induced cytokine production in human dendritic cells is regulated by sialidase activityNicholas M Stamatos
University of Maryland Medical Center, 725 West Lombard St, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
J Leukoc Biol 88:1227-39. 2010..We conclude that sialidase-mediated change in sialic acid content of specific cell surface glycoconjugates in DCs regulates LPS-induced cytokine production, thereby contributing to development of adaptive immune responses...
- Sialidase expression in activated human T lymphocytes influences production of IFN-gammaXinli Nan
Institute of Human Biology, and Department of Medicine, University of Maryland Medical Center, 725 West Lombard Street, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
J Leukoc Biol 81:284-96. 2007..The down-regulation of IFN-gamma occurred at the transcriptional level. Thus, sialidase activity in activated T lymphocytes contributes to the hyposialylation of specific cell surface glycoconjugates and to the production of IFN-gamma...
- Expression of sialyltransferase activity on intact human neutrophilsSalahaldin Rifat
Department of Medicine, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
J Leukoc Biol 84:1075-81. 2008..We conclude that intact PMNs express sialidase and ST activities that permit rapid modulation of their surface sialylation and their ability to adhere to and migrate across the endothelium...
- Mobilization of neutrophil sialidase activity desialylates the pulmonary vascular endothelial surface and increases resting neutrophil adhesion to and migration across the endotheliumSerhan Sakarya
Department of Medicine, Division of Infectious Diseases, University of Maryland School of Medicine Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
Glycobiology 14:481-94. 2004..The ability of activated PMNs, through endogenous sialidase activity, to render the EC surface hyperadherent for unstimulated PMNs may provide for rapid amplification of the PMN-mediated host response...
- Toward a carbohydrate-based HIV-1 vaccine: synthesis and immunological studies of oligomannose-containing glycoconjugatesJiahong Ni
Institute of Human Virology, University of Maryland Biotechnology Institute, University of Maryland, Baltimore, Maryland 21201, USA
Bioconjug Chem 17:493-500. 2006..The anti-sera showed weak cross-reactivity to HIV-1 gp120...
- Monocyte differentiation up-regulates the expression of the lysosomal sialidase, Neu1, and triggers its targeting to the plasma membrane via major histocompatibility complex class II-positive compartmentsFeng Liang
Sainte Justine Hospital and the Department of Pediatrics, University of Montreal, Montreal, Quebec H3T 1C5, Canada
J Biol Chem 281:27526-38. 2006..Altogether our data suggest that the upregulation of the Neu1 expression is important for the primary function of macrophages and establish the link between Neu1 and the cellular immune response...
- Role of Cellular Sialidase in Pathogenesis of HIV-1Nicholas Stamatos; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..