Affiliation: University of Iowa
- Intercellular junctions in oral epithelial cells: ultrastructural and immunological aspectsAlberto Gasparoni
Dipartimento di Farmacologia G Segre, Sezione di Anatomia, Nuovi Istituti Biologici San Miniato, Universita degli Studi di Siena, Siena
Ital J Anat Embryol 110:83-91. 2005..We can conclude that increased Ca++ concentration may determine biochemical and morphological changes at membranous level in human oral epithelial cells. These changes may facilitate the development of intercellular junctions...
- Biology of oral mucosa and esophagusC A Squier
Dows Institute for Dental Research, College of Dentistry, University of Iowa, Iowa City 52242, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst Monogr . 2001..There is a rapid clearance of surface cells, which acts as a protective mechanism by limiting colonization and invasion of microorganisms adherent to the mucosal surface...
- Use of an Ex Vivo Porcine Mucosal Model to Study Superantigen PenetrationChristopher A Squier
Dows Institute for Dental Research, College of Dentistry, University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA, 52242, USA
Methods Mol Biol 1396:133-47. 2016..We describe the use of porcine tissue ex-vivo in a continuous flow perfusion system to study the behavior of superantigens in this model. ..
- Oral mucosal permeability and stability of transforming growth factor beta-3 in vitroC A Squier
Dows Institute for Dental Research, University of Iowa, College of Dentistry, Iowa City 52242, USA
Pharm Res 16:1557-63. 1999..To investigate the permeability and localization of topically applied 125I-TGF-beta3 in porcine floor-of-mouth mucosa as a function of concentration and exposure...
- Effect of ethanol on lipid metabolism and epithelial permeability barrier of skin and oral mucosa in the ratChristopher A Squier
Dows Institute for Dental Research, College of Dentistry, University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
J Oral Pathol Med 32:595-9. 2003..Ethanol consumption induces changes in lipid metabolism. This might be reflected locally as an alteration in the epithelial lipid barrier...
- Tobacco use, cessation advice to patients and attitudes to tobacco control among physicians in UkraineChristopher Squier
Department of Oral Pathology, College of Dentistry, University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa 52242, USA
Eur J Cancer Prev 15:458-63. 2006....
- Porcine vagina ex vivo as a model for studying permeability and pathogenesis in mucosaChristopher A Squier
Dows Institute for Dental Research, College of Dentistry, The University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA 54222, USA
J Pharm Sci 97:9-21. 2008....
- Effect of menthol on the penetration of tobacco carcinogens and nicotine across porcine oral mucosa ex vivoChristopher A Squier
Dows Institute for Dental Research, College of Dentistry, University of Iowa, N406 DSB, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
Nicotine Tob Res 12:763-7. 2010....
- Fourth-year dental students' perceived barriers to providing tobacco intervention servicesBhagyashree Pendharkar
College of Dentistry, University of Iowa, N332, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
J Dent Educ 74:1074-85. 2010....
- The permeability of oral leukoplakiaJolán Bánóczy
Department of Oral Biology, Faculty of Dentistry, Semmelweis University Budapest Hungary
Eur J Oral Sci 111:312-5. 2003..The data strongly suggest that the presence of tobacco in the oral cavity may bring about generalized changes even in regions that do not show leukoplakia...
- Penetration of toxic shock syndrome toxin-1 across porcine vaginal mucosa ex vivo: permeability characteristics, toxin distribution, and tissue damageCatherine C Davis
Procter and Gamble Company, Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 189:1785-91. 2003..The purpose of this study was to evaluate transvaginal penetration of toxic shock syndrome toxin-1 and its effects on permeability and tissue integrity in vitro with the use of excised porcine vaginal mucosa...
- Chitosan delivery systems for the treatment of oral mucositis: in vitro and in vivo studiesPelin Aksungur
Department of Pharmaceutical Technology, Faculty of Pharmacy, Hacettepe University, Ankara 06100, Turkey
J Control Release 98:269-79. 2004..14 microg/ml) was maintained for longer periods of time at the application site (90 min) than at the contralateral site (45 min) in the oral cavity...
- The innate immune system is activated by stimulation of vaginal epithelial cells with Staphylococcus aureus and toxic shock syndrome toxin 1Marnie L Peterson
Department of Microbiology, University of Minnesota Medical School, MMC 196, 420 Delaware St SE, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
Infect Immun 73:2164-74. 2005..These data suggest innate immune system activation through epithelial cells, reflected in chemokine/cytokine production and influx of lymphocytes, may cause changes in vaginal mucosa permeability, facilitating TSST-1 penetration...
- ORAL MUCOSITIS - FORMULATIONS FOR PALLIATION AND THERAPYChristopher Squier; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Focusing oral health research at the University of IowaChristopher Squier; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..