JANET K P SPECHT
Affiliation: University of Iowa
- 9 myths of incontinence in older adults: both clinicians and the over-65 set need to know moreJanet K Pringle Specht
University of Iowa College of Nursing, Iowa City, USA
Am J Nurs 105:58-68; quiz 69. 2005..Common misconceptions of bladder health in older adults are explored to address these concerns and help prepare nurses in all settings to provide care that prevents and treats incontinence...
- The Young Gerontological Nurse Clinician Program: an innovative geropsychiatric nursing recruitment strategyJanet P Specht
The University of Iowa College of Nursing, Iowa City, Iowa 52242, USA
Issues Ment Health Nurs 26:81-90. 2005....
- Promoting continence in individuals with dementiaJanet K Specht
John A Hartford Center of Geriatric Nursing Excellence, The University of Iowa College of Nursing, Iowa City, Iowa, USA
J Gerontol Nurs 37:17-21. 2011..This article discusses the scope of the problem of UI in individuals with dementia, possible causes, and assessment methods, as well as interventions that can achieve improved outcomes...
- Evidence based practice in long term care settingsJanet K Specht
University of Iowa, John A Hartford Center for Geriatric Nursing Excellence, Iowa City, Iowa 52242, USA
J Korean Acad Nurs 43:145-53. 2013..The purpose of this manuscript is to discuss the need for use of evidence based practice (EBP) in LTC, the current use of evidence in long term care facilities and what we know about adoption of the use of EBP in LTC...
- Rapid change in status: the case of WilliamJanet Specht
John A Hartford Center for Geriatric Nursing Excellence, University of Iowa College of Nursing, Iowa City, Iowa, USA
Issues Ment Health Nurs 26:91-9. 2005....
- The effects of a dementia nurse care manager on improving caregiver outcomes outcomesJanet Specht
University of Iowa College of Nursing, Iowa City, Iowa 52242, USA
Am J Alzheimers Dis Other Demen 24:193-207. 2009..The evaluation showed that caregivers assisted by nurse care managements were more likely to show improvement in their stress levels, endurance potential, and well-being. This improvement was consistent over time...
- Partnering for care: the evidence and the expertJanet K Pringle Specht
The John A Hartford Center of Geriatric Nursing Excellence, The University of Iowa College of Nursing, Iowa City 52242 1121, USA
J Gerontol Nurs 35:16-22. 2009..Second author Richard Taylor, who has dementia, noted the absence of discussion on this joint planning in most of the AD literature. As he says, it omits the most important person, the person with dementia...
- Needs of people with early-stage Alzheimer's disease: reviewing the evidenceAnn L Bossen
The University of Iowa College of Nursing, Iowa City 52242 1121, USA
J Gerontol Nurs 35:8-15. 2009..Also identified were the needs for early diagnosis, to be heard, for information and knowledge, for safety, health promotion, and emotional and cognitive support...
- Improving Continence & Pain Control in LTC: The M-TRAIN InterventionJANET K P SPECHT; Fiscal Year: 2010..The study will evaluate outcomes for nursing homes, elderly residents, and new ways to assist RNs and CNAs use the most current knowledge to care for elders with pain and urinary incontinence. ..