Affiliation: University of Rochester
- The relationship of preparation for future care to depression and anxiety in older primary care patients at 2-year follow-upSILVIA SORENSEN
Department of Psychiatry, University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, Rochester, NY 14620, USA silvia
Am J Geriatr Psychiatry 20:887-94. 2012..Preparation for future care needs has been hypothesized to help older adults adjust to inevitable life and health transitions and thereby decrease the likelihood of developing depression or anxiety...
- Trajectories of preparation for future care among first-degree relatives of Alzheimer's disease patients: an ancillary study of ADAPTWingyun Mak
Department of Psychiatry, University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, 300 Crittenden Boulevard Box PSYCH, Rochester, NY 14642
Gerontologist 52:531-40. 2012....
- Personality and perceived health in older adults: the five factor model in primary careBenjamin P Chapman
Department of Psychiatry, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
J Gerontol B Psychol Sci Soc Sci 61:P362-5. 2006..quot; We discuss implications for understanding personality influences on morbidity, mortality, and health services utilization...
- How are personality traits related to preparation for future care needs in older adults?SILVIA SORENSEN
Department of Psychiatry, Geriatric Psychiatry Program, University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, Rochester, NY, USA
J Gerontol B Psychol Sci Soc Sci 63:P328-36. 2008..Neither concrete planning nor decision making were related to personality variables. Health professionals should consider the impact of individual differences when addressing preparation for future care with older adults...
- Detection of depression in older adults by family and friends: distinguishing mood disorder signals from the noise of personality and everyday lifePaul R Duberstein
Department of Psychiatry, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, New York 14642, USA
Int Psychogeriatr 23:634-43. 2011..We hypothesized that the accuracy (sensitivity and specificity) of informant reports would vary with the patient's personality...
- The macular degeneration and aging study: Design and research protocol of a randomized trial for a psychosocial intervention with macular degeneration patientsSILVIA SORENSEN
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, Rochester, NY 14642, United States Electronic address
Contemp Clin Trials 42:68-77. 2015..Psychosocial interventions have the potential to alleviate and prevent depression symptoms among older AMD patients...