Lauren A Smith
Affiliation: University of Massachusetts Medical School
- Maternal assessment of physician qualification to give advice on AAP-recommended infant sleep practices related to SIDSLauren A Smith
Department of Pediatrics, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, Mass, USA
Acad Pediatr 10:383-8. 2010..In this study, we investigated the following: 1) if mothers from at risk populations rate physicians as qualified to give advice about sleep practices and 2) if these ratings were associated with reports of recommended practice...
- Modifiable risk factors for suboptimal control and controller medication underuse among children with asthmaLauren A Smith
Department of Pediatrics, School of Medicine, Sargent College of Health and Rehabilitation Sciences, Boston University, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Pediatrics 122:760-9. 2008....
- Employment barriers among welfare recipients and applicants with chronically ill childrenLauren A Smith
Department of Pediatrics, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, Mass 02118, USA
Am J Public Health 92:1453-7. 2002..This study evaluated the association of chronic child illness with parental employment among individuals who have had contact with the welfare system...
- Asthma care quality for children with minority-serving providersAlison A Galbraith
Center for Child Health Care Studies, Department of Population Medicine, Harvard Pilgrim Health Care and Harvard Medical School, 133 Brookline Ave, 6th Floor, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 164:38-45. 2010..To compare asthma care quality for children with and without minority-serving providers...
- Trends and factors associated with infant sleeping position: the national infant sleep position study, 1993-2007Eve R Colson
Department of Pediatrics, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 163:1122-8. 2009..To determine trends and factors associated with choice of infant sleeping position...
- Relationships between welfare status, health insurance status, and health and medical care among children with asthmaPamela R Wood
Department of Pediatrics, University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio, TX 78229 3900, USA
Am J Public Health 92:1446-52. 2002..This study evaluated the relationships between health insurance and welfare status and the health and medical care of children with asthma...
- Rethinking race/ethnicity, income, and childhood asthma: racial/ethnic disparities concentrated among the very poorLauren A Smith
Department of Pediatrics, Boston Medical Center and Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, MA 02118, USA
Public Health Rep 120:109-16. 2005..The objective of this study was to examine the association of race/ethnicity and family income with the prevalence of childhood asthma and to assess whether racial/ethnic disparities vary by income strata...
- Sickle cell disease: a question of equity and qualityLauren A Smith
Department of Pediatrics, Boston University School of Medicine, Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Pediatrics 117:1763-70. 2006....
- Hospital differences in cesarean deliveries in Massachusetts (US) 2004-2006: the case against case-mix artifactIsabel A Cáceres
Bureau of Health Information, Statistics, Research, and Evaluation, Massachusetts Department of Public Health, Boston, Massachusetts, United States of America
PLoS ONE 8:e57817. 2013..We examined the extent to which differences in hospital-level cesarean delivery rates in Massachusetts were attributable to hospital-level, rather than maternal, characteristics...
- Knowledge of welfare reform program provisions among families of children with chronic conditionsLauren A Smith
Department of Pediatrics, Boston University of Medicine, Boston, MA, USA
Am J Public Health 92:228-30. 2002..This study examined the knowledge of and application for health-related welfare program provisions among beneficiaries with children who have chronic conditions...
- The association of childhood asthma with parental employment and welfare receiptLauren A Smith
Department of Pediatrics of Boston University School of Medicine, USA
J Am Med Womens Assoc 57:11-5. 2002..to assess the association of childhood asthma with parental employment and welfare receipt, which has not been studied...
- Patterns of concordance and non-concordance with clinician recommendations and parents' explanatory models in children with asthmaBarbara G Bokhour
Center for Health Quality, Outcomes and Economic Research, ENRM Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Bedford, MA 01742, United States
Patient Educ Couns 70:376-85. 2008....
- NIH Health DisparitiesJEAN M ZOTTER; Fiscal Year: 2010....