James A Sloand
Affiliation: University of Rochester
- A double-blind, placebo-controlled trial of intravenous iron dextran therapy in patients with ESRD and restless legs syndromeJames A Sloand
Department of Medicine, Nephrology Division, University of Rochester School of Medicine, Rochester, NY, USA
Am J Kidney Dis 43:663-70. 2004..Because RLS has been associated with iron deficiency, we sought to investigate the effects of intravenous (IV) iron dextran on symptoms of RLS in a double-blind placebo-controlled trial...
- Improved control of resistant hypertension with device-mediated electrical carotid sinus baroreflex stimulationJames A Sloand
Division of Medicine, Department of Nephrology, University of Rochester, Rochester, NY 14620, USA
J Clin Hypertens (Greenwich) 9:716-9. 2007
- Treating hyperparathyroidism with cinacalcet HCl (Sensipar)James A Sloand
Nephrology Division, University of Rochester, Rochester, NY, USA
Nephrol Nurs J 34:341-2. 2007
- Normalization of lithium-induced hypercalcemia and hyperparathyroidism with cinacalcet hydrochlorideJames A Sloand
University of Rochester School of Medicine, Department of Medicine, Nephrology and Infectious Disease Division, Rochester, NY, USA
Am J Kidney Dis 48:832-7. 2006....
- Electrical stimulation of the carotid sinus for the treatment of resistant hypertensionJ D Filippone
Program in Heart Failure and Transplantation, Universityof Rochester, Cardiology Division, 601 Elmwood Avenue, Box 679T, Rochester, New York 14642 8679, USA
Curr Hypertens Rep 8:420-4. 2006..The carotid stimulator may be a safe and effective therapeutic option for patients with resistant hypertension...
- Increased cardiovascular risk associated with reduced kidney functionTimothy P Ryan
Division of Epidemiology, Department of Community and Preventive Medicine, University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Am J Nephrol 29:620-5. 2009..The objective of this study was to investigate the relationship between level of kidney function and the risk of cardiovascular mortality in a diverse population...
- B cell depletion as a novel treatment for systemic lupus erythematosus: a phase I/II dose-escalation trial of rituximabR John Looney
University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, Rochester, New York 14642, USA
Arthritis Rheum 50:2580-9. 2004..B lymphocytes have been shown to play fundamental pathogenic roles in SLE, and therefore, elimination of B cells with the use of rituximab may represent a new therapy for SLE...
- Chronic kidney disease prevalence and rate of diagnosisTimothy P Ryan
Department of Community and Preventive Medicine, Division of Epidemiology, University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Am J Med 120:981-6. 2007....
- Wrestling with restless legsJames A Sloand
Sleep Med 6:295-6. 2005
- Vascular disease in an expanding world: seeking answers inside and outside of the boxJames A Sloand
J Clin Hypertens (Greenwich) 9:246-8. 2007