Affiliation: University of Kansas Medical Center
- Prophylactic use of zoledronic acid to prevent early bone loss is safe and feasible in patients with acute myeloid leukemia undergoing allogeneic stem cell transplantationSiddhartha Ganguly
Blood and Marrow Transplantation Program, University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, KS 66205, USA
Clin Transplant 26:447-53. 2012..In conclusion, in this prospective pilot study, prophylactic use of zoledronic acid to prevent early bone loss was found to be safe and feasible in patients with AML undergoing allo-SCT during the immediate post-transplantation period...
- Burkitt's lymphoma: conversion from lymphoma negative to lymphoma positive status over 2 months in a patient with acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS)Siddhartha Ganguly
Department of Hematology, University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, KS 66160, USA
Am J Clin Oncol 30:656-7. 2007
- Giant anal condylomatosis after allogeneic bone marrow transplantation: a rare complication of human papilloma virus infectionN Ganguly
Department of Medicine, The University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, Kansas 66160, USA
Transpl Infect Dis 10:56-8. 2008..The tumor was successfully treated with surgical excision and local application of 5% imiquimod cream...
- R-CHOP versus R-CVP in the treatment of follicular lymphoma: a meta-analysis and critical appraisal of current literatureGanguly Siddhartha
Division of Hematology Oncology, Department of Medicine, University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, Kansas, USA
J Hematol Oncol 2:14. 2009..We conducted a meta-analysis of relevant literature comparing the two treatment arms for FL with response being the final endpoint...
- Is there a plateau in the survival curve after autologous transplantation in patients with intermediate and high-risk acute myeloid leukemia? A 20-year single institution experienceSiddhartha Ganguly
University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, KS, USA
Leuk Res 31:1253-7. 2007..2 years. In conclusion, autologous SCT in patients with AML in whom an allogeneic transplantation is not feasible appears to be a safe alternative and a plateau in the survival curve indicates cure in a small proportion of patients...
- Role of transfusion in stem cell transplantation: a freedom-from-transfusion (FFT), cost and survival analysisS Ganguly
Divisions of Blood and Marrow Transplantation, University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, KS, USA
J Med Econ 13:55-62. 2010..Transfusion of blood products is often necessary for patients undergoing stem cell transplantation (SCT). The need for red cell and platelet transfusion may vary significantly depending on the type of transplantation and underlying disease...
- Recombinant factor VIIa: unregulated continuous use in patients with bleeding and coagulopathy does not alter mortality and outcomeS Ganguly
Department of Medicine, University of Kansas Medical Center and Hospital, Kansas City, KS 66160, USA
Clin Lab Haematol 28:309-12. 2006..Closer monitoring of rFVIIa usage, including hematology consultation and enforcement of pre-rFVIIa blood component usage would optimize cost-effectiveness...
- Low-dose cidofovir in the treatment of symptomatic BK virus infection in patients undergoing allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplantation: a retrospective analysis of an algorithmic approachN Ganguly
Department of Pharmacy, University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, Kansas, USA
Transpl Infect Dis 12:406-11. 2010..In absence of randomized prospective data, an institutional algorithmic protocol removes variance in practice pattern and derives data that may be used for research and improved patient care...
- A case of synchronous lymphoplasmacytic lymphoma and rectal carcinoidSiddhartha Ganguly
Division of Hematology, University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, Kansas 66160, USA
Am J Clin Oncol 29:104-5. 2006
- Autologous transplantation in patients with relapsed or high-grade follicular lymphoma provides long term disease-free survival and best median duration of responseSiddhartha Ganguly
University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, KS, USA
Ann Hematol 84:526-31. 2005..When these results are compared with historical controls or patients treated with other modalities, autologous stem cell transplantation appears to be providing the longest disease-free survival and best duration of response...
- Idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura associated with bone marrow sea-blue histiocytosisSiddhartha Ganguly
Department of Hematology, University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, Kansas 66160, USA
Am J Hematol 77:405-6. 2004
- Leukemic phase of follicular lymphoma after treatment with etanercept in a patient with psoriasisSiddhartha Ganguly
Division of Hematology Oncology, University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, Kansas, USA
Am J Clin Dermatol 10:125-6. 2009..Although the association is intriguing, no causal relationship is suggested...
- Late-onset intestinal perforation in the setting of posttransplantation microangiopathy: a case reportO S Aljitawi
Division of Hematology, Blood and Marrow Transplantation, University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, Kansas, USA
Transplant Proc 42:3892-3. 2010..In our case, the patient poorly responded to treatment secondary to refractory mircoangiopathy...
- Transfusion-related acute lung injury (TRALI) following allogeneic stem cell transplant for acute myeloid leukemiaSiddhartha Ganguly
Center for Gene and Cell Therapy, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Am J Hematol 75:48-51. 2004..As there is a wide differential diagnosis for pulmonary infiltrates developing post transplant, TRALI may be under-recognized and should be considered in this setting...
- Infant acute lymphoblastic leukemia with t(11;16)(q23;p13.3) and lineage switch into acute monoblastic leukemiaChristopher Stasik
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, The University of Kansas Hospital, 3901 Rainbow Boulevard, Kansas City, KS 66100, USA
Cancer Genet Cytogenet 168:146-9. 2006..3), indicating that this is a lineage switch of the original leukemic clone. To our knowledge, these findings have not been previously reported...
- Chronic myeloid leukemia in accelerated phase with basophilic transformation of the bone marrowMark T Cunningham
Department of Pathology, University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City 66160, USA
Am J Hematol 81:380-1. 2006
- HAART- and AIDS-related lymphomasJaswinder Singh
Blood 108:3621; author reply 3621-2. 2006
- Acute intracerebral hemorrhage in intravascular lymphoma: a serious infusion related adverse event of rituximabSiddhartha Ganguly
Division of Hematology, University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, Kansas, USA
Am J Clin Oncol 30:211-2. 2007