Affiliation: University of Pennsylvania
- Endoscopic management of biliary complications after adult living donor liver transplantationJanak N Shah
Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Medicine, Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia 19104, USA
Am J Gastroenterol 99:1291-5. 2004..We assessed the role of endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography (ERCP) in the diagnosis and management of biliary complications following LDLT...
- Liver transplantation for hepatocellular carcinoma validation of present selection criteria in predicting outcomeKirti Shetty
Division of Gastroenterology, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Liver Transpl 10:911-8. 2004..e., vascular invasion and multifocality. Present UNOS selection criteria for HCC based on tumor burden appear to provide adequate discriminatory power in predicting outcome of OLT...
- A comparison of tacrolimus and cyclosporine in liver transplantation: effects on renal function and cardiovascular risk statusMichael R Lucey
University of Wisconsin Medical School, Madison, WI, USA
Am J Transplant 5:1111-9. 2005..While both calcineurin inhibitors were associated with excellent patient and graft survival, renal function, blood pressure and serum lipid levels were significantly better with tacrolimus treatment...
- Renal function after orthotopic liver transplantation is predicted by duration of pretransplantation creatinine elevationMical S Campbell
Division of Gastroenterology, University of Pennsylvania Health System, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Liver Transpl 11:1048-55. 2005..01) after transplantation. In conclusion, duration, but not cause, of renal dysfunction predicts renal outcome in OLTa recipients. Prospective studies may use duration of renal dysfunction to help identify CKLT candidates...
- Prevalence and significance of occult hepatitis B in a liver transplant population with chronic hepatitis CKirti Shetty
Division of Transplantation, Georgetown University Hospital, Washington, DC 20007, USA
Liver Transpl 14:534-40. 2008..Occult HBV infection is strongly associated with the presence of anti-HBc, history of injection drug use, and explant-proven HCC...
- Underreporting of liver transplant waitlist removals due to death or clinical deterioration: results at four major centersDavid Goldberg
Department of Medicine, Division of Gastroenterology, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Transplantation 96:211-6. 2013..Of particular importance for transplant policy and practice is whether patients' outcomes are coded properly...
- T-cell response relative to genotype and ethnicity during antiviral therapy for chronic hepatitis CDavid E Kaplan
Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia 19104, USA
Hepatology 41:1365-75. 2005..The association between treatment outcome and phytohemagglutinin response suggests more global and antigen-nonspecific mechanisms for therapeutic HCV clearance...
- Utilization of donors who have suffered cardiopulmonary arrest and resuscitation in intestinal transplantationCal S Matsumoto
Department of Surgery, Center for Intestinal Care and Transplantation, Georgetown University Hospital, Washington DC 20007, USA
Transplantation 86:941-6. 2008....
- Progenitor/stem cells give rise to liver cancer due to aberrant TGF-beta and IL-6 signalingYi Tang
Cancer Genetics, Digestive Diseases and Developmental Molecular Biology, Institute of Transplant Surgery, Department of Surgery, Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center, Georgetown University, Medical Dental Building, Washington, DC 20007, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:2445-50. 2008..These experiments suggest an important therapeutic role for targeting IL-6 in HCCs lacking a functional TGF-beta pathway...