Laura D Seligman
Affiliation: University of Toledo
- Correlates of separation anxiety symptoms among first-semester college students: an exploratory studyLaura D Seligman
Center for the Study of Anxiety Disorders and Depression, Department of Psychology, The University of Toledo, Toledo, OH 43606, USA
J Psychol 141:135-45. 2007..Results suggest that SAD may be a valid diagnosis in college students and may impact their educational choices and experiences...
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy for anxiety disorders in youthLaura D Seligman
Department of Psychology, University of Toledo, Toledo, OH 43606, USA
Child Adolesc Psychiatr Clin N Am 20:217-38. 2011....
- The utility of measures of child and adolescent anxiety: a meta-analytic review of the Revised Children's Manifest Anxiety Scale, the State-Trait Anxiety Inventory for Children, and the Child Behavior ChecklistLaura D Seligman
Department of Psychology, University of Toledo, Mail Stop 948, Toledo, OH 43606 3390, USA
J Clin Child Adolesc Psychol 33:557-65. 2004..The RCMAS, STAIC, and CBCL were found to be moderately sensitive to treatment gains...
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy for obsessive-compulsive disorder in children and adolescentsKatharina Kircanski
Division of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, UCLA Semel Institute for Neuroscience and Human Behavior, University of California Los Angeles, 760 Westwood Plaza, Los Angeles, CA 90024, USA
Child Adolesc Psychiatr Clin N Am 20:239-54. 2011..The current state of knowledge will be aided by further study of predictors and mechanisms of CBT treatment response...
- The influences of cultural values, ethnic identity, and language use on the mental health of Korean American college studentsJoseph D Hovey
Program for the Study of Immigration and Mental Health, Department of Psychology, University of Toledo, Toledo, OH 43606, USA
J Psychol 140:499-511. 2006..The authors discuss clinical implications of the findings...
- Using theatrical presentations as a means of disseminating knowledge of HIV/AIDS risk factors to migrant farmworkers: an evaluation of the effectiveness of the Infórmate programJoseph D Hovey
Program for Study of Immigration and Mental Health, Department of Psychology, University of Toledo, Toledo, OH 43606, USA
J Immigr Minor Health 9:147-56. 2007....
- Perceived competence and depressive symptoms among adolescents: the moderating role of attributional styleJungmeen Kim-Spoon
Department of Psychology, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, Blacksburg, VA 24061, USA
Child Psychiatry Hum Dev 43:612-30. 2012..These findings have implications for understanding the roles of perceived competence and attributional style in predicting depressive symptoms among adolescent girls and boys...
- Dispositional optimism, goals, and engagement in health treatment programsAndrew L Geers
University of Toledo, Toledo, OH, USA
J Behav Med 33:123-34. 2010..It is recommended that practitioners and researchers take an interactionist approach when assessing the role of personality and situational factors in treatment program interest and attendance...
- Religious coping, family support, and negative affect in college studentsJoseph D Hovey
Department of Psychology, The University of Toledo, Toledo, OH 43606, USA
Psychol Rep 100:787-8. 2007..Overall findings suggest that family emotional support may provide a stronger source of support for college students than religious coping...
- Tics and problem behaviors in schoolchildren: prevalence, characterization, and associationsLisa A Snider
Pediatrics and Developmental Neuropsychiatry Branch, National Institute of Mental Health, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 1255, USA
Pediatrics 110:331-6. 2002..We conducted an 8-month longitudinal observational study to determine the variations in frequency of motor tics and associated problem behaviors...