Philip W Scruggs
Affiliation: University of Wisconsin
- Quantifying physical activity in first-through fourth-grade physical education via pedometryPhilip W Scruggs
Kinesiology Department, The University of Wisconsin Madison, WI, USA
Res Q Exerc Sport 76:166-75. 2005..IN CONCOLUSION: (a) SPM values were a valid indicator of students achieving or not achieving PA criteria, and (b) pedometry is a valid and practical tool for physical activity surveillance within physical education...
- A comparative analysis of pedometry in measuring physical activity of childrenPhilip W Scruggs
Department of Kinesiology, University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI 53706, USA
Med Sci Sports Exerc 39:1837-46. 2007..The purpose of this study was to examine the step and physical activity time output features of the Walk4Life LS2505 pedometer under field physical activity conditions...
- Middle school physical education physical activity quantification: a pedometer steps/min guidelinePhilip W Scruggs
Kinesiology Department, The University of Wisconsin Madison, 53706, USA
Res Q Exerc Sport 78:284-92. 2007..Pedometer steps/min is a valid, objective, and practical approach for surveillance of physical education PA, a key physical education and public health outcome...
- Quantifying activity time via pedometry in fifth- and sixth-grade physical educationPhilip W Scruggs
Kinesiology Department at the Universe of Wisconsin Madison, Madison, WI 53706, USA
J Phys Act Health 4:215-27. 2007....
- Quantifying physical activity via pedometry in elementary physical educationPhilip W Scruggs
Department of Physical Education, Health and Sport Studies, Miami University, Oxford, OH, USA
Med Sci Sports Exerc 35:1065-71. 2003..The objective of this study was to determine a pedometer steps per minute standard for quantifying the lesson time that first- and second-grade physical education students spent in moderate to vigorous physical activity (MVPA)...