L Philip Schumm
Affiliation: University of Chicago
- Modeling the transmission of community-associated methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus: a dynamic agent-based simulationCharles M Macal
Decision and Information Sciences Division, Argonne National Laboratory, 9700 S, Cass Ave, Bldg 221, Argonne, IL 60439, USA
J Transl Med 12:124. 2014..Control measures have focused on hospital transmission. Limited public health education has focused on care for skin infections...
- Assessment of sensory function in the National Social Life, Health, and Aging ProjectL Philip Schumm
Department of Health Studies, University of Chicago, 4841 South Maryland Avenue MC2007, Chicago, IL 40437, USA
J Gerontol B Psychol Sci Soc Sci 64:i76-85. 2009..We evaluate the performance of the objective measures and model differences in sensory function by gender and age. In the process, we demonstrate how to use and interpret these measures...
- Ulcerative colitis-risk loci on chromosomes 1p36 and 12q15 found by genome-wide association studyMark S Silverberg
Mount Sinai Hospital Inflammatory Bowel Disease Group, University of Toronto, 600 University Avenue, Toronto, ON M5G1X5, Canada
Nat Genet 41:216-20. 2009..0 x 10(-16), combined OR = 0.66) and at the IL23R locus on chromosome 1p31 (rs11209026, combined P = 1.3 x 10(-8), combined OR = 0.56; rs10889677, combined P = 1.3 x 10(-8), combined OR = 1.29)...
- Medication data collection and coding in a home-based survey of older adultsDima M Qato
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Chicago, 5841 S Maryland Ave, Chicago, IL, USA
J Gerontol B Psychol Sci Soc Sci 64:i86-93. 2009..To describe the collection, coding, and validity of medication data from the National Social Life, Health and Aging Project (NSHAP)-a survey of a national probability sample of adults aged 57-85 years...
- Sexuality: measures of partnerships, practices, attitudes, and problems in the National Social Life, Health, and Aging StudyLinda J Waite
Center on Aging, University of Chicago, 1155 East 60th Street, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
J Gerontol B Psychol Sci Soc Sci 64:i56-66. 2009..We describe measures of sexual partnerships, sexual practices, sexual problems, attitudes toward sex, and nonsexual intimacy in the first wave of NSHAP...
- Field Survey Measures of Olfaction: The Olfactory Function Field Exam (OFFE)David W Kern
Department of Comparative Human Development, Institute for Mind and Biology, The University of Chicago, Chicago, IL, USA
Field methods 26:421-434. 2014..Use of this new survey tool in future field-based population health studies will elucidate the impact of olfactory function on a myriad of health and social conditions...
- Racial and ethnic disparities in cardiovascular medication use among older adults in the United StatesDima M Qato
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Chicago, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf 19:834-42. 2010..We examined racial and ethnic disparities in the use of statins and aspirin among older adults at low, moderate, and high risk for CVD...
- Fine particulate matter exposure and olfactory dysfunction among urban-dwelling older US adultsGaurav S Ajmani
Pritzker School of Medicine, The University of Chicago, Chicago, IL, USA
Environ Res 151:797-803. 2016..The olfactory nerve is anatomically susceptible to injury from pollution in inspired air, but there are no large-scale epidemiologic studies investigating this relationship...
- Prevalence and correlates of vaginal estrogenization in postmenopausal women in the United StatesStacy Tessler Lindau
1Departments of Ob Gyn, Medicine Geriatrics, and the Comprehensive Cancer Center, The University of Chicago, Chicago, IL 2Department of Ob Gyn, The University of Chicago, Chicago, IL 3Institute for Mind and Biology, The University of Chicago, Chicago, IL 4Departments of Psychology and Comparative Human Development, The University of Chicago, Chicago, IL 5Department of Public Health Sciences, The University of Chicago, Chicago, IL
Menopause . 2016..This work aims to establish current population-based vaginal estrogenization norms for postmenopausal US women...
- Pancreas size and volume on computed tomography in normal adultsAbdul Bari Syed
Department of Health Studies, University of Chicago, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Pancreas 41:589-95. 2012..The objective of the study was to evaluate quantitatively normal pancreatic morphology, size, and volume stratified by age and sex...