L C Schulz
Affiliation: University of Missouri
- Effect of leptin on mouse trophoblast giant cellsL C Schulz
Division of Animal Sciences, University of Missouri, Columbia, Missouri 65211, USA
Biol Reprod 80:415-24. 2009..The data suggest that leptin accelerates disappearance of non-giant cells while inhibiting terminal differentiation of committed giant cells, possibly by maintaining cells in an intermediate stage of differentiation...
- Placental changes caused by food restriction during early pregnancy in mice are reversibleJennifer L Harper
Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Women s Health, NW509 Health Sciences Center, 2 Division of Biological Sciences and 3Department of Statistics, Department of Health Management Informatics, University of Missouri, 1 Hospital Drive, Columbia, Missouri 65212, USA
Reproduction 150:165-72. 2015....
- Leptin and the placental response to maternal food restriction during early pregnancy in miceLaura Clamon Schulz
Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Women s Health, University of Missouri, Columbia, Missouri, USA
Biol Reprod 87:120. 2012..We conclude that the presence of high concentrations of circulating leptin during food restriction disrupts the normal adaptive response of the placenta to reduced energy availability...
- Inhibition of trophoblast invasiveness in vitro by immunoneutralization of leptin in the bat, Myotis lucifugus (Chiroptera)Laura C Schulz
Department of Biology, Boston University, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Gen Comp Endocrinol 150:59-65. 2007..That this occurs in two phylogenetically unrelated and distant species, regardless of whether the placenta is a source of secreted leptin, suggests that this is a highly conserved reproductive action of leptin...
- Dynamic changes in leptin distribution in the progression from ovum to blastocyst of the pre-implantation mouse embryoLaura C Schulz
Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Women s Health, N625A Health Sciences Center, 1 Hospital Drive, Columbia, Missouri 65212, USA
Reproduction 141:767-77. 2011....
- Leptin receptor expression increases in placenta, but not hypothalamus, during gestation in Mus musculus and Myotis lucifugusJ Zhao
Department of Biology, Boston University, 5 Cummington Street, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Placenta 25:712-22. 2004....
- Human embryonic stem cells as models for trophoblast differentiationL C Schulz
Division of Animal Sciences, University of Missouri Columbia, Columbia, MO 65211, USA
Placenta 29:S10-6. 2008..Immunohistochemical observations performed on whole colonies combined with microarray analysis of mRNA can be employed to track developmental transitions as they occur over time and in two-dimensional space as the cells respond to BMP4...
- The effect of leptin on mouse trophoblast cell invasionLaura C Schulz
Department of Biology, Boston University, Boston, Massachusetts 02215, USA
Biol Reprod 71:1963-7. 2004..This effect of leptin may represent one mechanism by which body condition affects placental development...