Michael K Schultz
Affiliation: University of Iowa
- Partitioning of naturally-occurring radionuclides (NORM) in Marcellus Shale produced fluids influenced by chemical matrixAndrew W Nelson
Interdisciplinary Human Toxicology Program, University of Iowa, ML B180 FRRB, 500 Newton Road, Iowa City, Iowa, USA 52242
Environ Sci Process Impacts 18:456-63. 2016..Further experiments indicated that although Ra adsorption is related to ionic strength, the concentrations of heavier alkaline earth metals (Ba, Sr) are stronger predictors of Ra solubility. ..
- An assessment of radionuclidic impurities of (210)Po produced via neutron irradiation of (209)Bi for use in targeted alpha-particle radiotherapyMichael K Schultz
National Institute of Standards and Technology, Nuclear Medicine Standards Program, 100 Bureau Drive MS 8462, Gaithersburg, MD 20899, USA
Appl Radiat Isot 65:784-92. 2007..These results suggest that neutron irradiation of (209)Bi (followed by sublimation) can produce (210)Po in a highly pure form that is suitable for radiopharmaceutical preparations...
- A performance evaluation of 90Y dose-calibrator measurements in nuclear pharmacies and clinics in the United StatesMichael K Schultz
The National Institute of Standards and Technology, Nuclear Medicine Standards Program, 100 Bureau Drive, MS 8462, Gaithersburg, MD 20899, USA
Appl Radiat Isot 66:252-60. 2008..All results were within US Nuclear Regulatory Commission conformance limits (+/-20%) for defining therapeutic misadministrations...
- Synthesis of a DOTA--biotin conjugate for radionuclide chelation via Cu-free click chemistryMichael K Schultz
Department of Radiology and Radiation Oncology, Carver College of Medicine, University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa 52242, USA
Org Lett 12:2398-401. 2010..This synthetic strategy offers a potentially general and convenient means of preparing targeted radiolabeling and radiotherapeutic agents...
- Improved synthesis and biological evaluation of chelator-modified α-MSH analogs prepared by copper-free click chemistryNicholas J Baumhover
Department of Radiology, Carver College of Medicine, The University of Iowa, 500 Newton Road, ML B180, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
Bioorg Med Chem Lett 21:5757-61. 2011..The resulting bioconjugates bind with high affinity and specificity to their cell-surface receptor targets in vitro and appear stable to degradation in mouse serum over 3h of incubation at 37°C...
- Repeatability of gallium-68 DOTATOC positron emission tomographic imaging in neuroendocrine tumorsYusuf Menda
Department of Radiology, University of Iowa Carver College of Medicine, Iowa City, IA 52241, USA
Pancreas 42:937-43. 2013..To evaluate the repeatability of gallium-68 1,4,7,10-tetraazacyclododecane-N,N',N'',N'''-tetraacetic (DOTA)-D-Phe1-Try3-octreotide (68Ga-DOTATOC) positron emission tomography (PET) in neuroendocrine tumors...
- Investigation of the pharmacokinetics of 3'-deoxy-3'-[18F]fluorothymidine uptake in the bone marrow before and early after initiation of chemoradiation therapy in head and neck cancerYusuf Menda
Division of Nuclear Medicine, Department of Radiology, University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics Roy J and Lucille A Carver College of Medicine, University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
Nucl Med Biol 37:433-8. 2010..The kinetics of the bone marrow uptake of 3'-deoxy-3'-[(18)F]fluorothymidine (FLT) before and early after initiation of chemoradiation therapy was investigated in patients with head and neck cancer...
- "Click"-cyclized (68)Ga-labeled peptides for molecular imaging and therapy: synthesis and preliminary in vitro and in vivo evaluation in a melanoma model systemMolly E Martin
Department of Pediatric Hematology, The University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
Recent Results Cancer Res 194:149-75. 2013..Thus, these click-chemistry-cyclized variants show promise as agents for melanocortin receptor-targeted imaging and radionuclide therapy...
- Understanding the Radioactive Ingrowth and Decay of Naturally Occurring Radioactive Materials in the Environment: An Analysis of Produced Fluids from the Marcellus ShaleAndrew W Nelson
Interdisciplinary Human Toxicology Program, University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa, USA
Environ Health Perspect 123:689-96. 2015..Current assessments of the radioactivity concentration in liquid wastes focus on a single element-radium. However, the use of radium alone to predict radioactivity concentrations can greatly underestimate total levels...
- Assessing the 210At impurity in the production of 211At for radiotherapy by 210Po analysis via isotope dilution alpha spectrometryMichael K Schultz
National Institute of Standards and Technology, Radioactivity Group, 100 Bureau Drive MS8462, Gaithersburg, MD 21702, USA
Appl Radiat Isot 64:1365-9. 2006..5+/-9.0 Bq, corresponding to an atom ratio (210At:211At at the time of distillation) of 0.010+/-0.007% (k=2). The method produces high-quality alpha spectra, with baseline alpha-peak resolution and chemical yields of greater than 85%...
- A DOTA-peptide conjugate by copper-free click chemistryMolly E Martin
Department of Pediatrics, Carver College of Medicine, University of Iowa, 4235 MERF 375 Newton Road, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
Bioorg Med Chem Lett 20:4805-7. 2010..The resulting conjugate was radiolabeled with (111)In to afford a potential targeted molecular imaging agent with high specific activity and an excellent radiochemical purity...
- Monitoring radionuclides in subsurface drinking water sources near unconventional drilling operations: a pilot studyAndrew W Nelson
Interdisciplinary Human Toxicology Program, University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA Electronic address
J Environ Radioact 142:24-8. 2015....
- A new automated NaCl based robust method for routine production of gallium-68 labeled peptidesMichael K Schultz
Department of Radiology, The University of Iowa, 200 Hawkins Drive, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
Appl Radiat Isot 76:46-54. 2013..The method produces high peptide-bound % (>97%), and specific activity (>40 MBq nmole(-1) [(68)Ga]DOTATOC) and is well-suited for clinical production of radiopharmaceuticals...
- Synthesis and radiolabeling of chelator-RNA aptamer bioconjugates with copper-64 for targeted molecular imagingWilliam M Rockey
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA 52242, United States
Bioorg Med Chem 19:4080-90. 2011..In summary, key parameters were established for optimal radiolabeling of RNA aptamers for eventual PET imaging with (64)Cu...
- Synthesis and Evaluation of Tetraarylethylene-based Mono-, Bis-, and Tris(pyridinium) Derivatives for Image-Guided Mitochondria-Specific Targeting and Cytotoxicity of Metastatic Melanoma CellsJessica L Reedy
Departments of Radiology and Radiation Oncology, Free Radical and Radiation Biology Program and Department of Chemistry, The University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa 52242, United States
Bioconjug Chem 27:2424-2430. 2016..Thus, the pyridinium tetraarylethylene platform represents a promising new mitochondrial-targeted delivery vehicle with potential imaging and therapeutic properties...
- Mitochondrial-Targeted Decyl-Triphenylphosphonium Enhances 2-Deoxy-D-Glucose Mediated Oxidative Stress and Clonogenic Killing of Multiple Myeloma CellsJeanine Schibler
Interdisciplinary Graduate Program in Molecular and Cellular Biology, University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA, United States of America
PLoS ONE 11:e0167323. 2016..Taken together, this study provides a novel strategy of metabolic oxidative stress-induced cytotoxicity of MM cells via 2-DG and 10-TPP combination therapy...
- Kinetic analysis of 3'-deoxy-3'-(18)F-fluorothymidine ((18)F-FLT) in head and neck cancer patients before and early after initiation of chemoradiation therapyYusuf Menda
Department of Radiology, Division of Nuclear Medicine, University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Roy J and Lucille A Carver College of Medicine, University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa, USA
J Nucl Med 50:1028-35. 2009..The purpose of this study was to investigate the kinetic behavior of 3'-deoxy-3'-(18)F-fluorothymidine ((18)F-FLT) before and early after initiation of chemoradiation therapy in patients with squamous cell head and neck cancer...
- Enrichment of excess 210Po in anoxic pondsGuebuem Kim
School of Earth and Environmental Sciences RIO, College of Natural Sciences, Seoul National University, Seoul 151 742, Korea
Environ Sci Technol 39:4894-9. 2005..Our results suggest that 210Po can be naturally enriched in anoxic environments to a high level, perhaps in concert with the Fe and Mn redox cycles...