Affiliation: University of Pittsburgh
- Cerebral hemodynamic response induced by the Tower of Hanoi puzzle and the Wisconsin Card Sorting testD Schuepbach
Psychiatric Services of the University of Berne, 3010, Bern, Switzerland
Neuropsychologia 40:39-53. 2002..These findings showed a different CBFV pattern during the TOH task and WCST than during the visuomotor test. In conclusion, TCD was able to assess CBFV in prefrontal functions, using a high resolution in time...
- Negative symptom resolution and improvements in specific cognitive deficits after acute treatment in first-episode schizophreniaDaniel Schuepbach
Neurobehavioral Studies Program, Department of Psychiatry, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Schizophr Res 53:249-61. 2002..Reduction in positive symptoms was not associated with change in cognitive abilities. These findings suggest a linkage between early, treatment-induced improvements in negative symptoms and reductions in distinct cognitive deficits...
- Rapid cerebral hemodynamic modulation during mental planning and movement execution: evidence of time-locked relationship with complex behaviorDaniel Schuepbach
Psychiatric University Hospital Zurich, Lenggstrasse 31, PO Box 1931, 8032 Zurich, Switzerland
Clin Neurophysiol 118:2254-62. 2007..The present study examined the linkage between hemodynamic modulation in basal cerebral arteries and performance in a non-routine planning task by means of functional transcranial Doppler sonography (fTCD)...
- Impaired rapid modulation of cerebral hemodynamics during a planning task in schizophreniaDaniel Schuepbach
Psychiatric University Hospital Zurich, Lenggstrasse 31, Zurich, Switzerland
Clin Neurophysiol 118:1449-59. 2007..This study was undertaken to investigate rapid changes of cerebral hemodynamics during separate phases of SOC in schizophrenia and normals by means of functional transcranial Doppler sonography (fTCD)...
- Association between two distinct executive tasks in schizophrenia: a functional transcranial Doppler sonography studyDeborah Feldmann
Psychiatric University Hospital Zurich, Lenggstrasse 31, 8032 Zurich, Switzerland
BMC Psychiatry 6:25. 2006..We undertook this study to investigate the association between performance during separate phases of SOC and WCST, including mean cerebral blood flow velocity (MFV) measurements in chronic schizophrenia...
- Early treatment-induced improvement of negative symptoms predicts cognitive functioning in treatment-naive first episode schizophrenia: a 2-year followupDaniel Schuepbach
Psychiatric University Hospital Zurich, PO Box 68, CH 8029 Zurich, Switzerland
Schizophr Bull 30:837-48. 2004..These findings suggest an important relationship between treatment efficacy of antipsychotic medication and the longer term course of cognitive deficits in schizophrenia...
- Lateralization of cerebral hemodynamics during Wisconsin Card Sorting Test: a functional transcranial Doppler sonography studyDaniel Schuepbach
Psychiatric University Hospital, Zurich, Switzerland
Clin Neurophysiol 116:1041-8. 2005..We used fTCD to investigate CBFV changes occurring in both MCA and ACA during WCST and different sorting dimensions...
- Pretreatment and longitudinal studies of neuropsychological deficits in antipsychotic-naïve patients with schizophreniaS Kristian Hill
Center for Cognitive Medicine, Department of Psychiatry M C 913, University of Illinois at Chicago, 912 South Wood Street, Suite 235, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
Schizophr Res 68:49-63. 2004..Relatively static and generalized neuropsychological dysfunction, evident from illness onset, is consistent with neurodevelopmental rather than neurodegenerative models of schizophrenia...
- Temporal modulation of cerebral hemodynamics under prefrontal challenge in schizophrenia: a transcranial Doppler sonography studyDaniel Schuepbach
Psychiatric Services of the University of Bern, CH 3008 Bern, Switzerland
Psychiatry Res 115:155-70. 2002..Importantly, the results of this study imply a degraded pattern of CBFV changes over time in schizophrenia during prefrontal activation...
- Imbalance between left and right dorsolateral prefrontal cortex in major depression is linked to negative emotional judgment: an fMRI study in severe major depressive disorderSimone Grimm
Department of Psychiatry, University of Zurich, Switzerland
Biol Psychiatry 63:369-76. 2008....
- Relationships between cognitive and neurological performance in neuroleptic-naïve psychosisRichard D Sanders
Western Psychiatric Institute and Clinic, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
J Neuropsychiatry Clin Neurosci 16:480-7. 2004..Customarily, frontal neuropsychological tasks also relate more strongly to CogPer than to RepMot. Approximately one-half of the variability in these cognitive and neurological assessments is shared...
- Voluntary vs. involuntary hospital admission in acute mania of bipolar disorder: results from the Swiss sample of the EMBLEM studyDaniel Schuepbach
Psychiatric University Hospital Zurich, P O Box 1931, 8032 Zurich, Switzerland
J Affect Disord 90:57-61. 2006....
- Cerebral hemodynamics and processing speed during category learningDaniel Schuepbach
Psychiatric University Hospital, P O Box 68, CH 8029, Zurich, Switzerland
Neuroreport 15:1195-8. 2004..These results suggest a common functional substrate between optimised speed of solution and cerebral hemodynamics during maintaining set...