Anne F Schott
Affiliation: University of Michigan
- Phase II studies of two different schedules of dasatinib in bone metastasis predominant metastatic breast cancer: SWOG S0622Anne F Schott
University of Michigan, 1500 E Medical Center Drive, Ann Arbor, 48109, MI, USA
Breast Cancer Res Treat 159:87-95. 2016..Further study of dasatinib in breast cancer should not be pursued unless performed in molecularly determined patient subsets, or rational combinations. ..
- Genome Medicine in Cancer: What's in a Name?Anne F Schott
Breast Oncology Program, University of Michigan Comprehensive Cancer Center, Ann Arbor, Michigan
Cancer Res 75:1930-5. 2015..Here, we review some simple, and hopefully universally acceptable, definitions, concepts, and trial designs so that laboratory researchers and clinicians can move closer toward speaking the same language...
- Preclinical and clinical studies of gamma secretase inhibitors with docetaxel on human breast tumorsAnne F Schott
University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109, USA
Clin Cancer Res 19:1512-24. 2013..The Notch pathway is important for stem cell renewal and is a potential target for BCSC-directed therapy...
- Clinical and radiologic assessments to predict breast cancer pathologic complete response to neoadjuvant chemotherapyAnne F Schott
Hematology Oncology Division, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Michigan, MI 48109 0848, USA
Breast Cancer Res Treat 92:231-8. 2005....
- Combination vinorelbine and capecitabine for metastatic breast cancer using a non-body surface area dosing schemeAnne F Schott
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, USA
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 58:129-35. 2006..A flat dosing scheme of both drugs was used to facilitate development of the oral regimen, and because neither drug's clearance is associated with body surface area (BSA), pharmacokinetic and pharmacogenetic endpoints were explored...
- Axillary staging prior to neoadjuvant chemotherapy for breast cancer: predictors of recurrenceKandice E Kilbride
Department of Surgical Oncology, University of Michigan, 1500 E Medical Center Drive, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Ann Surg Oncol 15:3252-8. 2008..The value of axillary staging prior to delivery of neoadjuvant chemotherapy (NEO) for breast cancer is controversial. Our goal was to analyze the prognostic and therapeutic impact of axillary staging on recurrence...
- Neoadjuvant docetaxel and capecitabine and the use of thymidine phosphorylase as a predictive biomarker in breast cancerRachel M Layman
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109 0848, USA
Clin Cancer Res 13:4092-7. 2007..We evaluated whether TP protein expression is increased by docetaxel and correlates with pathologic complete response (pCR) in breast cancer patients...
- Sonographic evaluation of early-stage breast cancers that undergo neoadjuvant chemotherapyMarilyn A Roubidoux
Department of Radiology, University of Michigan Health Systems, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 0326, USA
J Ultrasound Med 24:885-95. 2005..We prospectively evaluated low-stage breast cancers treated with neoadjuvant chemotherapy using whole-volume sonography and color Doppler imaging...
- Comprehensive axillary evaluation in neoadjuvant chemotherapy patients with ultrasonography and sentinel lymph node biopsyAmina Khan
Department of Surgery, Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of Michigan, 1500 East Medical Center Drive, Ann Arbor, Michigan, 48109, USA
Ann Surg Oncol 12:697-704. 2005..We report the accuracy of comprehensive pre-neoadjuvant CTX and post-neoadjuvant CTX axillary staging via ultrasound imaging, fine-needle aspiration (FNA) biopsy, and SLN biopsy...
- Phase II trial of simple oral therapy with capecitabine and cyclophosphamide in patients with metastatic breast cancer: SWOG S0430Anne F Schott
University of Michigan, Division of Hematology Oncology, 24 Frank Lloyd Wright Drive, Suite A3400, PO Box 483, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48106, USA
Oncologist 17:179-87. 2012..Interest in oral agents for the treatment of metastatic breast cancer (MBC) has increased because many patients prefer oral to i.v. regimens. We evaluated a simple oral combination of capecitabine with cyclophosphamide (CPA) for MBC...
- Pathologic features of breast cancer associated with complete response to neoadjuvant chemotherapy: importance of tumor necrosisRobert T Pu
Department of Pathology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 29:354-8. 2005..0062, P = 0.0249, and P = 0.0021, respectively). Although preliminary, our study suggests that the presence of tumor necrosis and ALI in the core biopsy may be important features to be included in the standard report...
- Monitoring serial changes in circulating human breast cancer cells in murine xenograft modelsJean Pierre Eliane
Breast Oncology Program, Comprehensive Cancer Center, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109 0942, USA
Cancer Res 68:5529-32. 2008..These results establish a new method for studying CTC in mouse models of epithelial cancer, providing the foundation for studies of molecular regulation of CTC in cancer and CTC as biomarker for therapeutic efficacy...
- Spatial registration of temporally separated whole breast 3D ultrasound imagesGanesh Narayanasamy
Department of Radiology, and Applied Physics Program, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor Michigan 48109, USA
Med Phys 36:4288-300. 2009..32 to 0.59 (+84%) with IVBaR for pairs at various compression levels. These results show that successful registration of ABU scans may be accomplished for comparison and integration of information...
- Heterogeneous estrogen receptor expression in circulating tumor cells suggests diverse mechanisms of fulvestrant resistanceCostanza Paoletti
Breast Oncology Program of the Comprehensive Cancer Center and the Department of Internal Medicine, University of Michigan Health and Hospital System, Ann Arbor, MI, 48109, USA Electronic address
Mol Oncol 10:1078-85. 2016..CTC enumeration, phenotyping, and genotyping might identify patients who would benefit from fulvestrant dose escalation versus switching to alternative therapies. ..
- Evaluation of an automatic registration-based algorithm for direct measurement of volume change in tumorsSaradwata Sarkar
Department of Biomedical Engineering, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 2200, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 83:1038-46. 2012..We investigated an image registration-based approach for tumor volume change quantification that may more reliably detect smaller changes that occur in shorter intervals than can be detected by existing algorithms...
- A phase I dose escalation trial of gemcitabine with radiotherapy for breast cancer in the treatment of unresectable chest wall recurrencesW Warren Suh
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109, USA
Breast J 10:204-10. 2004..This novel approach suggests excellent local-regional control when compared to historical controls. A phase II trial is warranted...
- Clinical predictors of long-term survival in HER2-positive metastatic breast cancerPooja Murthy
Internal Medicine Hematology Oncology, University of Michigan Medical School, 1500 East Medical Center Dr, Med Inn Bldg C450, Ann Arbor, MI, 48109 5843, USA
Breast Cancer Res Treat 155:589-95. 2016..Combining these clinical factors with molecular determinants of prolonged survival may provide insights for individualizing treatment selection. ..
- Development of circulating tumor cell-endocrine therapy index in patients with hormone receptor-positive breast cancerCostanza Paoletti
Breast Oncology Program of the Comprehensive Cancer Center and the Department of Internal Medicine, University of Michigan Health and Hospital System, Ann Arbor, Michigan
Clin Cancer Res 21:2487-98. 2015..We developed a multiparameter CTC-Endocrine Therapy Index (CTC-ETI), which we hypothesize may predict resistance to ET in patients with HR-positive MBC...
- Effect of estrogen depletion on pain sensitivity in aromatase inhibitor-treated women with early-stage breast cancerN Lynn Henry
Breast Oncology Program, University of Michigan Comprehensive Cancer Center, Ann Arbor, Michigan Electronic address
J Pain 15:468-75. 2014..AI-associated musculoskeletal symptoms are not likely due to decreased pain threshold or impaired CPM prior to treatment initiation, or to effects of estrogen depletion on pain sensitivity...
- Prediction of postchemotherapy ovarian function using markers of ovarian reserveN Lynn Henry
Breast Oncology Program, University of Michigan Comprehensive Cancer Center, Department of Biostatistics, and Department of Epidemiology, University of Michigan School of Public Health, Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
Oncologist 19:68-74. 2014..We hypothesized that pretreatment serum anti-Müllerian hormone (AMH) and inhibin B concentrations would predict for ovarian function following chemotherapy...
- Pilot study of duloxetine for treatment of aromatase inhibitor-associated musculoskeletal symptomsN Lynn Henry
Breast Oncology Program, University of Michigan Comprehensive Cancer Center, Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
Cancer 117:5469-75. 2011..The authors investigated the hypothesis that duloxetine is efficacious for treatment of AI-associated musculoskeletal symptoms...
- Prospective early response imaging biomarker for neoadjuvant breast cancer chemotherapyKuei C Lee
Department of Radiology, Center for Molecular Imaging, University of Michigan Medical School, Biomedical Sciences Research Building, 109 Zina Pitcher Place, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Clin Cancer Res 13:443-50. 2007..In this study, we evaluate the feasibility of using diffusion magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) as a reliable and quantitative measure for the early assessment of response in a breast cancer model...
- Sentinel node biopsy prior to neoadjuvant chemotherapyMichael S Sabel
Breast Oncology Program and Division of Surgical Oncology, University of Michigan Comprehensive Cancer Center, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Am J Surg 186:102-5. 2003..Sentinel lymph node biopsy prior to induction chemotherapy may address both...
- Neoadjuvant Chemotherapy: What Are the Benefits for the Patient and for the Investigator?Daniel F Hayes
Breast Oncology Program, University of Michigan Comprehensive Cancer Center, Ann Arbor, MI DFH, AFS
J Natl Cancer Inst Monogr 2015:36-9. 2015..However, such trials raise concerns that are not unavoidable but need to be addressed. ..
- Personalized Medicine: Genomics Trials in OncologyDaniel F Hayes
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Trans Am Clin Climatol Assoc 126:133-43. 2015....
- Multi-site clinical evaluation of DW-MRI as a treatment response metric for breast cancer patients undergoing neoadjuvant chemotherapyCraig J Galban
Departments of Radiology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States of America
PLoS ONE 10:e0122151. 2015....
- Activating ESR1 mutations in hormone-resistant metastatic breast cancerDan R Robinson
1 Michigan Center for Translational Pathology, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA 2 Department of Pathology, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA 3
Nat Genet 45:1446-51. 2013..Taken together, these studies suggest that activating mutations in ESR1 are a key mechanism in acquired endocrine resistance in breast cancer therapy. ..