Frank L Schmidt
Affiliation: University of Iowa
- A General Theoretical Integrative Model of Individual Differences in Interests, Abilities, Personality Traits, and Academic and Occupational Achievement: A Commentary on Four Recent ArticlesFrank L Schmidt
Tippie College of Business, University of Iowa
Perspect Psychol Sci 9:211-8. 2014..Research is presented supporting each link in the model. ..
- A Theory of Sex Differences in Technical Aptitude and Some Supporting EvidenceFrank L Schmidt
Department of Management and Organizations, Tippie College of Business, University of Iowa
Perspect Psychol Sci 6:560-73. 2011..Future research should examine this question. ..
- Detecting and Correcting the Lies That Data TellFrank Schmidt
Department of Management, Tippie College of Business, University of Iowa, Iowa City
Perspect Psychol Sci 5:233-42. 2010..Hence, there is still a long way to go in the improvement of data analysis and interpretation methods. ..
- Treatment of psychotic symptoms in bipolar disorder with aripiprazole monotherapy: a meta-analysisKonstantinos N Fountoulakis
Third Department of Psychiatry, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Thessaloniki, Greece
Ann Gen Psychiatry 8:27. 2009..We present a systematic review and meta-analysis of the available clinical trials concerning the usefulness of aripiprazole in the treatment of the psychotic symptoms in bipolar disorder...
- Fixed- versus random-effects models in meta-analysis: model properties and an empirical comparison of differences in resultsFrank L Schmidt
Department of Management and Organizations, Henry B Tippie College of Business, University of Iowa, Iowa City 52242 1994, USA
Br J Math Stat Psychol 62:97-128. 2009....
- Updating meta-analytic research findings: Bayesian approaches versus the medical modelFrank L Schmidt
Department of Management and Organizations, Henry B Tippie College of Business, University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
J Appl Psychol 92:297-308. 2007..They recommend use of the medical model or this alternative Bayesian procedure...
- Are there benefits from NHST?Frank Schmidt
Department of Management and Organization, Tippie College of Business, University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
Am Psychol 57:65-6. 2002
- A counterintuitive hypothesis about employment interview validity and some supporting evidenceFrank L Schmidt
Department of Management and Organizations, Tippie College of Business, University of Iowa, Iowa City 52242, USA
J Appl Psychol 89:553-61. 2004..Practical and theoretical implications are discussed...
- General mental ability in the world of work: occupational attainment and job performanceFrank L Schmidt
Tippie College of Business, University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
J Pers Soc Psychol 86:162-73. 2004..A theory of job performance is described that explicates the central role of GMA in the world of work. These findings support Spearman's proposition that GMA is of critical importance in human affairs...
- Beyond alpha: an empirical examination of the effects of different sources of measurement error on reliability estimates for measures of individual differences constructsFrank L Schmidt
Department of Management and Organizations, Henry B Tippie College of Business, University of Iowa, Iowa City 52242, USA
Psychol Methods 8:206-24. 2003..J. Cronbach, 1951), which fails to assess transient error, leads to overestimates of reliability and undercorrections for biases due to measurement error...
- Is there a general factor in ratings of job performance? A meta-analytic framework for disentangling substantive and error influencesChockalingam Viswesvaran
Department of Psychology, Florida International University, Miami, FL 33199, USA
J Appl Psychol 90:108-31. 2005..These findings have important implications for the measurement of job performance and for theories of job performance...
- Correcting for indirect range restriction in meta-analysis: testing a new meta-analytic procedureHuy Le
Department of Psychology, University of Central Florida, Orlando, FL 32816 1390, USA
Psychol Methods 11:416-38. 2006..s procedure was still relatively more accurate than the conventional procedure. When applied to data from a previously published meta-analysis, the new procedure yielded results that led to different substantive conclusions...
- The moderating influence of job performance dimensions on convergence of supervisory and peer ratings of job performance: unconfounding construct-level convergence and rating difficultyChockalingam Viswesvaran
Department of Psychology, Florida International University, Miami 33199, USA
J Appl Psychol 87:345-54. 2002..Higher rating difficulty was more strongly associated with lower mean observed peer-supervisor correlations than were construct-level disagreements between peers and supervisors. Implications for research and practice are discussed...
- Business-unit-level relationship between employee satisfaction, employee engagement, and business outcomes: a meta-analysisJames K Harter
The Gallup Organization, Lincoln, Nebraska 68510, USA
J Appl Psychol 87:268-79. 2002..One implication is that changes in management practices that increase employee satisfaction may increase business-unit outcomes, including profit...
- Implications of direct and indirect range restriction for meta-analysis methods and findingsJohn E Hunter
Department of Psychology, Michigan State University, MI, USA
J Appl Psychol 91:594-612. 2006....