Anneliese M Schleyer
Affiliation: University of Washington
- Improving resident engagement in quality improvement and patient safety initiatives at the bedside: the Advocate for Clinical Education (ACE)Anneliese M Schleyer
University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98104, USA
Am J Med Qual 28:243-9. 2013..Physicians were highly satisfied with the program. The ACE initiative is one coaching/feedback model for engaging residents in QI/PS that may warrant further study...
- Role of nasal methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus screening in the management of skin and soft tissue infectionsAnneliese M Schleyer
Division of General Internal Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, USA
Am J Infect Control 38:657-9. 2010..Thus, positive nasal swab cultures may help identify MRSA colonization and guide antimicrobial therapy for SSTI when wound cultures cannot be obtained...
- A descriptive case series of patients with end-stage liver disease hospitalized with variceal bleeding who received pharmacologic venous thromboembolism prophylaxisAnneliese M Schleyer
Division of General Internal Medicine, Department of Medicine, Harborview Medical Center, Seattle, Washington 98104, USA
J Hosp Med 6:151-5. 2011..It is unknown whether venous thromboembolism prophylaxis (VTEP) should be utilized in hospitalized patients with end-stage liver disease (ESLD), particularly in those admitted with variceal bleeding...
- Adherence to guideline-directed venous thromboembolism prophylaxis among medical and surgical inpatients at 33 academic medical centers in the United StatesAnneliese M Schleyer
University of Washington, Harborview Medical Center, Seattle, WA, USA
Am J Med Qual 26:174-80. 2011..Because AMCs provide the majority of physician training and should reflect and set care standards, this appears to be an opportunity for practice and quality improvement and for education...
- A piece of my mind. The hospitalist's storyAudrey Young
JAMA 296:2067-8. 2006
- Upper extremity deep vein thrombosis in hospitalized patients: a descriptive studyAnneliese M Schleyer
Department of Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington Department of Quality Improvement, Harborview Medical Center, Seattle, Washington
J Hosp Med 9:48-53. 2014..Additional research is needed to modify risks and optimize outcomes. Journal of Hospital Medicine 2014;9:48-53. © 2013 Society of Hospital Medicine. ..
- Using an electronic medical record tool to improve pneumococcal screening and vaccination rates for older patients admitted with community-acquired pneumoniaEllen F Robinson
Department of Quality Improvement, Harborview Medical Center, Seattle, USA
Jt Comm J Qual Patient Saf 37:418-24, 385. 2011..Use of the tool has improved performance on pneumococcal vaccination from 44% to more than 90%, with an increase in vaccine units of 305%...
- Surgery and Medicine Residents' Perspectives of Morbidity and Mortality Conference: An Interdisciplinary Approach to Improve ACGME Core Competency ComplianceKatherine T Flynn-O'Brien
Department of Surgery, University of Washington Medical Center, Seattle, Washington Harborview Injury Prevention and Research Center, Seattle, Washington Electronic address
J Surg Educ 72:e258-66. 2015....
- 'Speaking up' about patient safety concerns and unprofessional behaviour among residents: validation of two scalesWilliam Martinez
Department of Medicine, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, Tennessee, USA
BMJ Qual Saf 24:671-80. 2015..To develop and test the psychometric properties of two new survey scales aiming to measure the extent to which the clinical environment supports speaking up about (a) patient safety concerns and (b) unprofessional behaviour...
- Survey of overnight academic hospitalist supervision of traineesJeanne M Farnan
Department of Medicine, Section of Hospital Medicine, The University of Chicago, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
J Hosp Med 7:521-3. 2012....