Suzaynn F Schick
Affiliation: University of California
- Concentrations of the carcinogen 4-(methylnitrosamino)-1-(3-pyridyl)-1-butanone in sidestream cigarette smoke increase after release into indoor air: results from unpublished tobacco industry researchSuzaynn F Schick
Center for Tobacco Control Research and Education and the Lung Biology Center, Department of Medicine, University of California San Francisco, Box 0854, San Francisco, CA 94143 1390, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 16:1547-53. 2007....
- Thirty minute-exposure to aged cigarette smoke increases nasal congestion in nonsmokersSuzaynn F Schick
Department of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, Box 0843, California 94143 0843, USA
J Toxicol Environ Health A 76:601-13. 2013..Data indicate a 30-min exposure to secondhand smoke at 1 mg/m³ PM increases subjective upper respiratory symptoms, increases urinary cotinine and NNAL, and produces objective nasal airflow obstruction in human subjects...
- Nicotelline: a proposed biomarker and environmental tracer for particulate matter derived from tobacco smokePeyton Jacob
School of Medicine, Departments of Psychiatry and Medicine, Division of Clinical Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics, San Francisco General Hospital Medical Center, University of California, San Francisco, California 94110, United States
Chem Res Toxicol 26:1615-31. 2013..We conclude that nicotelline should be useful as a tracer and biomarker for PM derived from tobacco smoke. ..
- The exposure-dependent effects of aged secondhand smoke on endothelial functionPaul F Frey
Division of Cardiology, San Francisco General Hospital, San Francisco, CA 94110, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 59:1908-13. 2012....
- Brief secondhand smoke exposure depresses endothelial progenitor cells activity and endothelial function: sustained vascular injury and blunted nitric oxide productionChristian Heiss
Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, California 94143 0103, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 51:1760-71. 2008..This study sought to analyze the effects of acute secondhand smoke (SHS) exposure on the number and function of endothelial progenitor cells (EPCs) over 24 h...
- Thirdhand Smoke: New Evidence, Challenges, and Future DirectionsPeyton Jacob
Division of Clinical Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics, Departments of Psychiatry and Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, California 94143, United States
Chem Res Toxicol . 2016....
- Impairment of Endothelial Function by Little Cigar Secondhand SmokeJiangtao Liu
Visiting Scholar, University of California, San Francisco, Division of Cardiology, San Francisco, CA
Tob Regul Sci 2:56-63. 2016..To address whether they should be regulated as strictly as cigarettes, we investigated whether little cigar secondhand smoke (SHS) decreases vascular endothelial function like that of cigarettes...
- Thirdhand cigarette smoke in an experimental chamber: evidence of surface deposition of nicotine, nitrosamines and polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons and de novo formation of NNKSuzaynn F Schick
Department of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, California, USA
Tob Control 23:152-9. 2014..A growing body of evidence shows that secondhand cigarette smoke undergoes numerous chemical changes after it is released into the air: it can adsorb to indoor surfaces, desorb back into the air and undergo chemical changes as it ages...
- Pilot evaluation of the nasal nitric oxide response to humming as an index of osteomeatal patencyDENNIS J SHUSTERMAN
University of California, San Francisco, California, USA
Am J Rhinol Allergy 26:123-6. 2012..We hypothesized that the nasal NO response to humming will be proportional to radiographic osteomeatal patency when comparing allergic rhinitis (AR) patients (without chronic sinusitis) with normal controls...
- Old ways, new means: tobacco industry funding of academic and private sector scientists since the Master Settlement AgreementSuzaynn F Schick
Center for Tobacco Control Research and Education, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, California, USA
Tob Control 16:157-64. 2007..Regulatory officials and policy makers need to be aware that the studies these groups publish may not be as independent as they seem...