Affiliation: University at Buffalo
- Acute care nurse practitioner education: enhancing performance through the use of clinical simulationYvonne K Scherer
University at Buffalo, The State University of New York, School of Nursing, 14214, USA
AACN Clin Issues 14:331-41. 2003..A case scenario on respiratory failure provides an example of the simulation experience. In addition, the advantages and disadvantages of this teaching method, as identified by faculty and students, are discussed...
- Evaluating Simulation Methodologies to Determine Best Strategies to Maximize Student LearningYvonne K Scherer
Associate Professor, School of Nursing, University at Buffalo, State University of New York, Buffalo, NY, 14214 8010 Electronic address
J Prof Nurs 32:349-57. 2016....
- Advance directives and end-of-life decision making: survey of critical care nurses' knowledge, attitude, and experienceYvonne Scherer
School of Nursing, University at Buffalo, The State University of New York, Buffalo, NY 14214 3079, USA
Crit Care Nurse 26:30-40. 2006
- A comparison of clinical simulation and case study presentation on nurse practitioner students' knowledge and confidence in managing a cardiac eventYvonne K Scherer
University at Buffalo, USA
Int J Nurs Educ Scholarsh 4:Article22. 2007..040). Both groups rated their experience as valuable. The simulation and case study presentation had similar outcomes. Additional research is needed to determine the effectiveness of this teaching modality...
- A challenge in academia: meeting the healthcare needs of the growing number of older adultsYvonne K Scherer
University at Buffalo School of Nursing, Buffalo, New York 14214, USA
J Am Acad Nurse Pract 20:471-6. 2008....
- A collaborative exercise between graduate and undergraduate nursing students using a computer-assisted simulator in a mock cardiac arrestSusan A Bruce
University of Buffalo School of Nursing, Buffalo, New York, USA
Nurs Educ Perspect 30:22-7. 2009..The use of a computer-assisted human patient simulator involving different levels of nursing students appears to be an effective teaching method; more investigation into specific outcomes is needed...
- Patient-surrogate agreement of predictors of decision delay among patients with acute myocardial infarction: a questionnaire surveyFadi M Khraim
Hahn School of Nursing and Health Science, University of San Diego, San Diego, CA 92110, USA
Int J Nurs Stud 47:1418-24. 2010..Studies that assessed predictors of patient delay to seek healthcare for acute myocardial infarction lack generalization to all patient population as it investigated patients who survived coronary events...
- Predictors of decision delay to seeking health care among Jordanians with acute myocardial infarctionFadi M Khraim
School of Nursing, State University of New York at Buffalo, NY, USA
J Nurs Scholarsh 41:260-7. 2009..To identify predictors of decision delay time for health care seeking among Jordanians with acute myocardial infarction (AMI)...