David G Scherer
Affiliation: University of New Mexico
- Financial compensation to adolescents for participation in biomedical research: adolescent and parent perspectives in seven studiesDavid G Scherer
College of Education, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, NM 87131, USA
J Pediatr 146:552-8. 2005....
- Enrolling adolescents in asthma research: adolescent, parent, and physician influence in the decision-making processJanet L Brody
Center for Family and Adolescent Research, Oregon Research Institute, 707 Broadway NE, Suite 402, Albuquerque, New Mexico 87102, USA
J Asthma 46:492-7. 2009..Physician recommendations are also known to influence research participation decisions. Little attention has been given to how these dynamics may affect adolescents' involvement in decisions to participate in research...
- Predicting adolescent asthma research participation decisions from a structural equations model of protocol factorsJanet L Brody
Center for Family and Adolescent Research, Oregon Research Institute, Albuquerque, New Mexico 87102, USA
J Adolesc Health 51:252-8. 2012..We hypothesized that a single conceptual model, tested through structural equations modeling, could explain adolescent assent and parent consent for adolescent research participation...
- Family and physician influence on asthma research participation decisions for adolescents: the effects of adolescent gender and research riskJanet L Brody
Center for Family and Adolescent Research, Oregon Research Institute, 2700 Yale SE, Suite 200, Albuquerque, New Mexico 87106, USA
Pediatrics 118:e356-62. 2006....
- Voluntary assent in biomedical research with adolescents: a comparison of parent and adolescent viewsJanet L Brody
Center for Family and Adolescent Research, 2700 Yale S E Suite 200, Albuquerque, NM 87106
Ethics Behav 13:79-95. 2003..Disagreements concerning research participation decisions and decision-making autonomy have implications for the exercise of voluntary assent in biomedical research...
- Perception of risk associated with asthma research procedures among adolescents, parents, and pediatriciansRobert D Annett
University of New Mexico Health Sciences Center, Albuquerque, NM 87131 0001, USA
J Allergy Clin Immunol 114:1138-45. 2004..Little empirical data exist about how adolescents with asthma, their parents, and pediatricians view the risks and benefits associated with asthma clinical research...
- Comparisons of adolescent and parent willingness to participate in minimal and above-minimal risk pediatric asthma research protocolsJanet L Brody
Center for Family and Adolescent Research, Oregon Research Institute, Eugene, Oregon, USA
J Adolesc Health 37:229-35. 2005..The purpose of this study was to compare parent and adolescent willingness to participate in minimal and above-minimal risk pediatric asthma research protocols...
- Ethical issues in adolescent and parent informed consent for pediatric asthma research participationDavid G Scherer
Department of Psychology, University of Massachusetts, Amherst, MA 01003, USA
J Asthma 44:489-96. 2007..Pediatric asthma researchers can consider these psychological factors involved in adolescent and parent research participation decision-making processes to develop effective informed consent procedures...