John C Schafer
Affiliation: University of Cincinnati
- Rates of intimate partner violence in the United StatesJ Schafer
Department of Psychology, University of Cincinnati, OH 45221 0376, USA
Am J Public Health 88:1702-4. 1998..The purpose of this study was to estimate nationwide rates of intimate partner violence with data from both couple members by using a standardized survey instrument, the Conflict Tactics Scale...
- Violence or nonviolence: which do we choose?John Schafer
Nursing Science, College of Nursing ML 0038, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, OH 45221, USA
J Interpers Violence 20:175-81. 2005..In addition to focusing on violence, nonviolence must be studied with more vigor for scientific work in this area to increase in utilitarian value...
- A path model of risk factors for intimate partner violence among couples in the United StatesJohn Schafer
College of Nursing, University of Cincinnati, OH 452221 0038, USA
J Interpers Violence 19:127-42. 2004....
- Patterns of drinking four weeks prior to an alcohol-related vehicular crashMarilyn S Sommers
College of Nursing, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, Ohio 45221 0038, USA
Traffic Inj Prev 6:110-6. 2005..The primary objective of the study was to determine if drinking patterns on the days immediately prior to an alcohol-related motor vehicle crash (ARMVC) were significantly different than drinking patterns in the weeks prior to the crash...
- Cognitive functioning and length of abstinence in polysubstance dependent menKrista Lisdahl Medina
Department of Psychology, University of Cincinnati, 424 Dyer Hall, Cincinnati, OH 45221 0376, USA
Arch Clin Neuropsychol 19:245-58. 2004..This suggests that the abuse of multiple substances potentially produces long-lasting neuropsychological impairment with minimal recovery of functioning over a 1-year period...
- Workload, error detection, and experienced stress in a simulated pharmacy verification taskSean Reilley
University of Cincinnati, Department of Psychology, 429 Dyer Hall ML 376, Cincinnati, OH 45221 0376, USA
Percept Mot Skills 95:27-46. 2002....
- Automatic-controlled information processing and error detection in a simulated pharmacy-verification taskSean Reilly
Department of Psychology, Morehead State University, KY 40351, USA
Percept Mot Skills 97:151-74. 2003....
- The effects of age and ethnicity on physical injury from rapeMarilyn S Sommers
College of Nursing, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, OH 45221 0038, USA
J Obstet Gynecol Neonatal Nurs 35:199-207. 2006..To determine whether postmenopausal (age 50 years or older) women would sustain significantly more injury after rape than women younger than 50 and to determine the role of skin pigmentation in the observance of genital injury...
- Behavioral reputation: a cross-age perspectiveMeg Zeller
Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center and College of Medicine, University of Cincinnati, Ohio 45229 3039, USA
Dev Psychol 39:129-39. 2003..Both convergent and divergent patterns of associations emerged across developmental levels...
- Effectiveness of brief interventions after alcohol-related vehicular injury: A randomized controlled trialMarilyn S Sommers
School of Nursing, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
J Trauma 61:523-31; discussion 532-3. 2006..Brief interventions are clinically based strategies including assessment and direct feedback about drinking alcohol, goal setting, behavioral modification techniques, and the use of a self-help manual...
- Measuring Dyadic Violence: Alcohol and Ethnicity EffectsJohn Schafer; Fiscal Year: 2005....