Affiliation: University of California
- Stigma in the HIV/AIDS epidemic: a review of the literature and recommendations for the way forwardAnish P Mahajan
UCLA Program in Global Health, University of California, Los Angeles, California 90024, USA
AIDS 22:S67-79. 2008..Based on the literature, we conclude by offering a set of recommendations that may represent important next steps in a multifaceted response to stigma in the HIV/AIDS epidemic...
- Male circumcision and HIV/AIDS: challenges and opportunitiesSharif R Sawires
AIDS Policy Development Center, UCLA Program in Global Health, Division of Infectious Diseases, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles, CA 90024, USA
Lancet 369:708-13. 2007
- Twenty-five years of HIV: lessons for low prevalence scenariosSharif Sawires
UCLA Program in Global Health, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA 90024, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 51:S75-82. 2009..This paper reviews several key issues and advances in biomedical and behavioural HIV prevention to date and highlights relevance to low prevalence scenarios...
- Framing male circumcision to promote its adoption in different settingsFranklin D Gilliam
Department of Public Policy, UCLA, Los Angeles, CA, USA
AIDS Behav 14:1207-11. 2010....
- Male circumcision and HIV prevention: looking to the futureRonald A Brooks
Center for HIV Identification, Prevention, and Treatment Services, Semel Institute, University of California, Los Angeles, CA, USA
AIDS Behav 14:1203-6. 2010..Advocates of male circumcision would benefit from research on how to influence health policy-makers, how best to communicate the benefits to the public, and how to design effective delivery models...
- Uncovering tensions and capitalizing on synergies in HIV/AIDS and antiviolence programsShari L Dworkin
Department of Social and Behavioral Sciences and the Center for AIDS Prevention Studies, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143 0612, USA
Am J Public Health 101:995-1003. 2011....