Affiliation: University of California
- Activation of PAK by HIV and SIV Nef: importance for AIDS in rhesus macaquesE T Sawai
Department of Medical Pathology, University of California, Davis 95616, USA
Curr Biol 6:1519-27. 1996..In tissue culture cells expressing Nef, this viral protein interacts with a cellular serine kinase, designated Nef-associated kinase...
- Suppression of breast cancer growth and angiogenesis by an antisense oligodeoxynucleotide to p21(Waf1/Cip1)Robert H Weiss
Division of Nephrology, Department of Internal Medicine, University of California, Davis, CA 95616, USA
Cancer Lett 189:39-48. 2003....
- Contributions of mouse biology to breast cancer researchRobert D Cardiff
University of California, Davis, USA
Comp Med 52:12-31. 2002
- Akt plays a central role in sarcomagenesis induced by Kaposi's sarcoma herpesvirus-encoded G protein-coupled receptorAkrit Sodhi
Oral and Pharyngeal Cancer Branch, National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 101:4821-6. 2004..Both were associated with a decrease in Akt activity. These results identify Akt as an essential player in vGPCR sarcomagenesis and demonstrate the therapeutic potential of drugs targeting this pathway in the treatment of KS...
- Feline immunodeficiency virus Orf-A localizes to the nucleus and induces cell cycle arrestMalou C Gemeniano
Department of Medicine and Epidemiology, School of Veterinary Medicine, University of California, Davis, CA 95616, USA
Virology 325:167-74. 2004..Our findings reveal that Orf-A is a nuclear protein that expresses properties similar to those reported for human immunodeficiency virus-1 (HIV-1)-encoded Vpr...
- The Kaposi's sarcoma-associated herpesvirus G protein-coupled receptor as a therapeutic target for the treatment of Kaposi's sarcomaSilvia Montaner
Department of Diagnostic Sciences and Pathology, University of Maryland, Baltimore, USA
Cancer Res 66:168-74. 2006....
- The TSC2/mTOR pathway drives endothelial cell transformation induced by the Kaposi's sarcoma-associated herpesvirus G protein-coupled receptorAkrit Sodhi
Oral and Pharyngeal Cancer Branch, National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Cancer Cell 10:133-43. 2006..Collectively, these results implicate mTOR in KS initiation and suggest that the sarcomagenic potential of KSHV may be a direct consequence of the profound sensitivity of endothelial cells to vGPCR dysregulation of the TSC2/mTOR pathway...
- PATHOGENIC CONVERSION OF ATTENUATED SIV VACCINESEarl Sawai; Fiscal Year: 2003..Accordingly, the proposed studies will provide critical insight into molecular changes in the viral genome that are necessary for pathogenic conversion of live-attenuated viral vaccines. ..