Alan R Sanders
Affiliation: University of Chicago
- Genomewide association analysis of symptoms of alcohol dependence in the molecular genetics of schizophrenia (MGS2) control sampleKenneth S Kendler
Virginia Institute of Psychiatric and Behavioral Genetics, Department of Psychiatry, Virginia Commonwealth University School of Medicine, Richmond, 23298, USA
Alcohol Clin Exp Res 35:963-75. 2011..While genetic influences on alcohol dependence (AD) are substantial, progress in the identification of individual genetic variants that impact on risk has been difficult...
- DNA variation and psychopharmacology of the human serotonin receptor 1B (HTR1B) geneAlan R Sanders
Schizophrenia Genetics Research Program, Department of Psychiatry, The University of Chicago, Jules F Knapp Research Building, 924 East 57th Street, Room R 004, IL 60637, USA
Pharmacogenomics 3:745-62. 2002....
- Genetics of schizophrenia: new findings and challengesPablo V Gejman
Center for Psychiatric Genetics, NorthShore University HealthSystem Research Institute, Evanston, Illinois 60201, USA
Annu Rev Genomics Hum Genet 12:121-44. 2011..A main challenge for the field is the translation of established genetic associations into a better pathophysiological understanding of schizophrenia...
- Genome-wide survey of interindividual differences of RNA stability in human lymphoblastoid cell linesJubao Duan
Center for Psychiatric Genetics, NorthShore University HealthSystem Research Institute Evanston, Illinois 60201, USA
Sci Rep 3:1318. 2013..These results suggest widespread interindividual differences in RNA stability related to DNA sequence and composition variation...
- A rare functional noncoding variant at the GWAS-implicated MIR137/MIR2682 locus might confer risk to schizophrenia and bipolar disorderJubao Duan
Center for Psychiatric Genetics, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, NorthShore University Healthsystem, Evanston, IL 60201, USA Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Neuroscience, The University of Chicago, Chicago, IL 60637, USA Electronic address
Am J Hum Genet 95:744-53. 2014..Our results suggest that rare noncoding risk variants are associated with SZ and BP at MIR137/MIR2682 locus, with risk alleles decreasing MIR137/MIR2682 expression. ..
- Synonymous mutations in the human dopamine receptor D2 (DRD2) affect mRNA stability and synthesis of the receptorJubao Duan
Schizophrenia Genetics Research Program, Department of Psychiatry, The University of Chicago, Jules F Knapp Medical Research Center, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Hum Mol Genet 12:205-16. 2003....
- Polymorphisms in the trace amine receptor 4 (TRAR4) gene on chromosome 6q23.2 are associated with susceptibility to schizophreniaJubao Duan
Center for Psychiatric Genetics, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Evanston Northwestern Healthcare and Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Evanston, IL, USA
Am J Hum Genet 75:624-38. 2004..These data provide strong preliminary evidence that TRAR4 is a candidate gene for schizophrenia; replication is currently being attempted in additional clinical samples...
- Whole-genome association study of bipolar disorderP Sklar
Center for Human Genetic Research, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Mol Psychiatry 13:558-69. 2008..Given the heritability of BP disorder, the lack of agreement between studies emphasizes that susceptibility alleles are likely to be modest in effect size and require even larger samples for detection...
- Genomewide association for schizophrenia in the CATIE study: results of stage 1P F Sullivan
Department of Genetics, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 7264, USA
Mol Psychiatry 13:570-84. 2008....