Genomes and Genes
Lisa L Sandell
Affiliation: University of Louisville
- Cochleovestibular nerve development is integrated with migratory neural crest cellsLisa L Sandell
University of Louisville, Department of Molecular, Cellular and Craniofacial Biology, Louisville, KY 40201, USA Electronic address
Dev Biol 385:200-10. 2014....
- Whole mount nuclear fluorescent imaging: convenient documentation of embryo morphologyLisa L Sandell
Department of Molecular, Cellular and Craniofacial Biology, University of Louisville, Louisville, KY 40201, USA
Genesis 50:844-50. 2012..Nuclear stain imaging imposes minimal impact on embryonic specimens, enabling imaged specimens to be utilized for additional assays...
- RDH10 oxidation of Vitamin A is a critical control step in synthesis of retinoic acid during mouse embryogenesisLisa L Sandell
Stowers Institute for Medical Research, Kansas City, Missouri, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e30698. 2012..Moreover, RDH10-mediated oxidation of retinol plays as important a role in the control and regulation of RA production during embryogenesis as does the subsequent RALDH-mediated reaction...
- A phenotype-driven ENU mutagenesis screen identifies novel alleles with functional roles in early mouse craniofacial developmentLisa L Sandell
Stowers Institute for Medical Research, Kansas City, Missouri, USA
Genesis 49:342-59. 2011....
- Mef2c-F10N enhancer driven β-galactosidase (LacZ) and Cre recombinase mice facilitate analyses of gene function and lineage fate in neural crest cellsKazushi Aoto
Stowers Institute for Medical Research, Kansas City, MO 64110, USA
Dev Biol 402:3-16. 2015..Thus, our Mef2c-F10N-LacZ and Mef2c-F10N-Cre transgenic mice provide new resources for tracing migratory NCC and analyzing gene function in migrating and differentiating NCC independently of NCC formation. ..
- RDH10 is essential for synthesis of embryonic retinoic acid and is required for limb, craniofacial, and organ developmentLisa L Sandell
Stowers Institute for Medical Research, Kansas City, Missouri 64110, USA
Genes Dev 21:1113-24. 2007..Furthermore, these results identify a new nodal point in RA metabolism during embryogenesis...
- Retinoic acid regulates embryonic development of mammalian submandibular salivary glandsDiana M Wright
University of Louisville School of Dentistry, Department of Molecular, Cellular and Craniofacial Biology, Louisville, KY 40201, USA
Dev Biol 407:57-67. 2015..We also demonstrate active RA signaling occurs in glands cultured ex vivo, and treatment with an inhibitor of RA signaling blocks growth and branching. Together these data identify RA signaling as a direct regulator of SMG organogenesis...
- Neural crest cell plasticity. size mattersLisa L Sandell
Stowers Institute of Medical Research, 901 Volker Blvd, Kansas City, Missouri 64110, USA
Adv Exp Med Biol 589:78-95. 2006....