Anthony R Sambol
Affiliation: University of Nebraska Medical Center
- Performance of a commercial immunoglobulin M antibody capture assay using analyte-specific reagents to screen for interfering factors during a West Nile virus epidemic season in NebraskaAnthony R Sambol
Nebraska Public Health Laboratory, University of Nebraska Medical Center, 986495 Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, NE 68198 6495, USA
Clin Vaccine Immunol 14:87-9. 2007..Results showed that without performing the interfering factors screen for specimens in the low positive index value range of >1.1 to <or=3.5, a false positivity rate of 6.5% would have been realized...
- Evaluation of a new West Nile Virus lateral-flow rapid IgM assayAnthony R Sambol
Department of Pathology and Microbiology, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, United States
J Virol Methods 157:223-6. 2009....
- Use of rapid influenza diagnostic tests under field conditions as a screening tool during an outbreak of the 2009 novel influenza virus: practical considerationsAnthony R Sambol
Department of Pathology and Microbiology, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, NE 68198 5900, USA
J Clin Virol 47:229-33. 2010..However, it became apparent that a high percentage of the positive specimens received from off-site facilities were negative for influenza viruses by the confirmatory test, the Luminex xTAG Respiratory Viral Panel (RVP) molecular assay...
- Validation of the Cepheid Xpert Flu A real time RT-PCR detection panel for emergency use authorizationAnthony R Sambol
Department of Pathology and Microbiology, University of Nebraska Medical Center, 42nd and Emile Str, Omaha, NE 68198 5900, USA
J Clin Virol 48:234-8. 2010..This declaration allowed the FDA to issue Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) of approved in vitro diagnostics to detect the 2009 influenza H1N1 in clinical specimens...
- Geographic factors contributing to a high seroprevalence of West Nile virus-specific antibodies in humans following an epidemicBeth K Schweitzer
Nebraska Public Health Laboratory, Omaha, NE 68198 6495, USA
Clin Vaccine Immunol 13:314-8. 2006..Additional studies are needed to determine whether the high prevalence rates in Nebraska will be reflected in other states and what impact environmental and geographical factors may have on future outbreaks of WNV infection...
- Designing a biocontainment unit to care for patients with serious communicable diseases: a consensus statementPhilip W Smith
Biocontainment Unit, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, NE 68198 5400, USA
Biosecur Bioterror 4:351-65. 2006..The consensus recommendations are presented to standardize the planning, design, construction, and operation of BPCUs as one element of the U.S. preparedness effort...
- Comparison of FilmArray and Quantitative Real-Time Reverse Transcriptase PCR for Detection of Zaire Ebolavirus from Contrived and Clinical SpecimensTimothy R Southern
Department of Pathology and Microbiology, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, Nebraska, USA Nebraska Public Health Laboratory, Omaha, Nebraska, USA
J Clin Microbiol 53:2956-60. 2015..These findings demonstrate that the rapid and easy-to-use FilmArray panels are effective tests for evaluating patients with EVD. ..