Charlotte K Ryan
Affiliation: University of Rochester
- One hundred consecutive hepatic biopsies in the workup of living donors for right lobe liver transplantationCharlotte K Ryan
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine and Division of Transplantation, Department of Surgery, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Liver Transpl 8:1114-22. 2002..Screening liver biopsy has a low complication rate and may serve to increase donor safety. Biopsy is essential in identifying donor grafts at risk for poor recipient outcome while maximizing the donor pool...
- Incidence of arterial injuries detected by arteriography following percutaneous right-lobe ultrasound-guided core liver biopsies in human subjectsWael E A Saad
Department of Imaging Sciences, Section of Vascular Interventional Radiology, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, NY, USA
Am J Gastroenterol 101:2641-5. 2006..To determine the incidence and significance of arterial injuries detected by angiography subsequent to ultrasound-guided random core liver biopsies in normal healthy adults...
- Vascular endothelial growth factor, CD68, and epidermal growth factor receptor expression and survival in patients with Stage II and Stage III colon carcinoma: a role for the host response in prognosisAlok A Khorana
The James P Wilmot Cancer Center and the Department of Medicine, University of Rochester Medical Center, University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, Rochester, New York 14642, USA
Cancer 97:960-8. 2003....
- Tissue factor and VEGF expression in prostate carcinoma: a tissue microarray studyJorge L Yao
Pathology, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, NY 14642, USA jorge
Cancer Invest 27:430-4. 2009..001). Our findings reinforce the link between angiogenesis and TF expression in PCa. We suggest further exploration of TF-mediated pathways leading to increased tumor aggressiveness in PCa, and the possible use of anti-TF agents in PCa...
- Tissue factor expression, angiogenesis, and thrombosis in pancreatic cancerAlok A Khorana
James P Wilmot Cancer Center, Department of Medicine, University of Rochester, Rochester, New York 14642, USA
Clin Cancer Res 13:2870-5. 2007..We correlated TF expression with vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) expression, microvessel density, and venous thromboembolism in resected pancreatic cancer...
- Vascular endothelial growth factor and DPC4 predict adjuvant therapy outcomes in resected pancreatic cancerAlok A Khorana
James P Wilmot Cancer Center and the Department of Medicine, University of Rochester, Rochester, NY 14642, and the National Human Genomics Research Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD, USA
J Gastrointest Surg 9:903-11. 2005..Adjuvant therapy may have both antiangiogenic and cytotoxic effects. Addition of anti-VEGF agents to adjuvant regimens may further improve outcomes...
- Shear wave dispersion measures liver steatosisChristopher T Barry
School of Medicine and Dentistry, University of Rochester, Rochester, NY 14627 0126, USA
Ultrasound Med Biol 38:175-82. 2012....
- Comparative analysis of hepatitis C recurrence and fibrosis progression between deceased-donor and living-donor liver transplantation: 8-year longitudinal follow-upAshokkumar Jain
Division of Abdominal Organ Transplantation, Department of Surgery, Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia, PA 19140, USA
Transplantation 92:453-60. 2011..Hepatitis C virus (HCV) recurrence is universal after liver transplantation (LT). Whether the progression of recurrent HCV is faster after live-donor LT (LDLT) compared with deceased-donor LT (DDLT) is debatable...
- Safety and efficacy of fluoroscopic versus ultrasound guidance for core liver biopsies in potential living related liver transplant donors: preliminary resultsWael E A Saad
Department of Imaging Sciences, Section of Vascular Interventional Radiology, University of Rochester Medical Center, 601 Elmwood Avenue, New York 14642, USA
J Vasc Interv Radiol 17:1307-12. 2006..To describe and evaluate the safety and efficacy of fluoroscopically guided percutaneous liver biopsies in comparison with ultrasound (US)-guided percutaneous liver biopsies in potential living related liver donors...
- The influence of host response on colorectal cancer prognosisLeo Shunyakov
James P Wilmot Cancer Center and Department of Medicine, University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Clin Colorectal Cancer 4:38-45. 2004..The influence of the host response to CRC needs confirmation in prospective studies, but in the meantime should be part of risk stratification. Novel approaches to further augmenting this response merit study...
- Identification of the RNA polymerase II subunit hsRPB7 as a novel target of the von Hippel-Lindau proteinXi Na
Department of Urology, University of Rochester Medical Center, 601 Elmwood Avenue, Box 656, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
EMBO J 22:4249-59. 2003..Together, our results suggest that hsRPB7 is a downstream target of the VHL ubiquitylating complex and pVHL may regulate angiogenesis by targeting hsRPB7 for degradation via the ubiquitylation pathway and preventing VEGF expression...
- Overproduction of vascular endothelial growth factor related to von Hippel-Lindau tumor suppressor gene mutations and hypoxia-inducible factor-1 alpha expression in renal cell carcinomasXi Na
Department of Urology, University of Rochester Medical Center, New York 14642, USA
J Urol 170:588-92. 2003..However, quantitative analyses of VEGF production and its correlation with VHL mutations and HIF-1 alpha expression in authentic tissues from patients with RCC are lacking...