Catherine J Ryan
Affiliation: University of Illinois at Chicago
- Challenges and solutions for using informatics in researchCatherine J Ryan
University of Illinois Chicago College of Nursing, 845 South Damen Avenue, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
West J Nurs Res 35:722-41. 2013..Researchers may find this information helpful as they consider successful ways to integrate informatics in the design and implementation of future studies with technology that maximizes research productivity...
- Perceptions of symptoms of myocardial infarction related to health care seeking behaviors in the elderlyCatherine J Ryan
Department of Medical Surgical Nursing, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
J Cardiovasc Nurs 18:184-96. 2003..This article explores the link between symptom interpretation and health care seeking behaviors in elderly patients with AMI as it relates to delay in seeking treatment for AMI. Potential nursing interventions are presented...
- Knowledge of symptom clusters among adults at risk for acute myocardial infarctionCatherine J Ryan
UIC College of Nursing, University of Illinois at Chicago, IL 60612, USA
Nurs Res 53:363-9. 2004..Previous acute myocardial infarction symptom studies asked subjects to identify single symptoms from a list. However, people think about illnesses or respond to symptoms by considering groups or clusters of symptoms...
- Symptom clusters in acute myocardial infarction: a secondary data analysisCatherine J Ryan
College of Nursing, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
Nurs Res 56:72-81. 2007..People having AMI experience a constellation of symptoms, but the common constellations or clusters of symptoms have yet to be identified...
- Psychometric properties of three instruments to measure fatigue with myocardial infarctionAnne M Fink
Department of Biobehavioral Health Science, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, IL 60612 7350, USA
West J Nurs Res 32:967-83. 2010..The ability to discriminate between groups suggests that the instruments may be useful for identifying patients with cardiovascular risk factors who report clinically significant fatigue...
- Fatigue in the presence of coronary heart diseaseAnn L Eckhardt
Ann L Eckhardt, PhD, RN, is Assistant Professor, School of Nursing, Illinois Wesleyan University, Bloomington Holli A DeVon, PhD, RN, is Associate Professor Mariann R Piano, PhD, RN, is Professor and Department Head Catherine J Ryan, PhD, RN, is Clinical Assistant Professor and Julie J Zerwic, PhD, RN, is Professor and Executive Associate Dean, Department of Biobehavioral Health Science, College of Nursing, University of Illinois at Chicago
Nurs Res 63:83-93. 2014..Fatigue has not been explored in patients with stable coronary heart disease (CHD)...
- Treatment seeking for acute myocardial infarction symptoms: differences in delay across sex and raceJulie Johnson Zerwic
University of Illinois at Chicago, School of Nursing, 60612 7350, USA
Nurs Res 52:159-67. 2003..Persons most likely to delay seeking treatment for an acute myocardial infarction and their reasons have not been clearly identified...
- Typical and atypical symptoms: diagnosing acute coronary syndromes accuratelyCatherine J Ryan
University of Illinois at Chicago, IL, USA
Am J Nurs 105:34-6. 2005
- Gender differences in fatigue associated with acute myocardial infarctionMichelle M Fennessy
Department of Biobehavioral Health Science, College of Nursing, University of Illinois at Chicago, USA
J Cardiopulm Rehabil Prev 30:224-30. 2010..Fatigue is a symptom of acute myocardial infarction (AMI); however, few studies have characterized the fatigue associated with AMI in men and women...
- Korean immigrants' knowledge of heart attack symptoms and risk factorsSeon Y Hwang
University of Illinois, 845 S Damen Ave MC 802, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
J Immigr Minor Health 10:67-72. 2008..This study assessed the knowledge of heart attack symptoms and risk factors in a convenience sample of Korean immigrants...
- Delays in seeking MI treatmentJulie Johnson Zerwic
College of Nursing, University of Illinois, Chicago, USA
Am J Nurs 104:81-3. 2004
- Systematic review of symptom clusters in cardiovascular diseaseHolli A DeVon
University of Illinois at Chicago, College of Nursing, Chicago, IL, USA
Eur J Cardiovasc Nurs . 2016....
- Knowledge of heart attack symptoms and risk factors among native Thais: a street-intercept survey methodOrnwanya Poomsrikaew
Department of Biobehavioral Health Science, College of Nursing, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, Illinois 60612 7350, USA
Int J Nurs Pract 16:492-8. 2010..Older adults recognized fewer total symptoms than did younger adults. These findings could direct health-care providers to help the Thai population differentiate symptoms of heart attack from stroke...
- Symptoms across the continuum of acute coronary syndromes: differences between women and menHolli A DeVon
Niehoff School of Nursing, Loyola University Chicago, Maywood, Illinois 60153, USA
Am J Crit Care 17:14-24; quiz 25. 2008..The urgency and level of care provided for acute coronary syndromes partially depends on the symptoms manifested...
- Chest pain and associated symptoms of acute coronary syndromesHolli A DeVon
Marquette University, Wis Catherine J Ryan, PhD, RN, CS, CCRN University of Illinois at Chicago, Ill, USA
J Cardiovasc Nurs 20:232-8. 2005..The purpose of this article is to describe the incidence, causes, risk factors, assessment, and diagnosis of patients presenting with ACS as well as current recommendations for nurses who treat patients with ACS...
- Is the medical record an accurate reflection of patients' symptoms during acute myocardial infarction?Holli A DeVon
West J Nurs Res 26:547-60. 2004..Findings suggest that the medical record is an inaccurate and inadequate source of information about patients' actual experience of AMI symptoms...