J Mark Ruscin
Affiliation: University of Colorado Health Sciences Center
- Update on the role of anticholinergic drug therapy in the management of overactive bladderJ Mark Ruscin
Department of Clinical Pharmacy and Center on Aging, University of Colorado Health Science Services, Denver 80262, USA
Consult Pharm 20:674-84. 2005....
- Vitamin B(12) deficiency associated with histamine(2)-receptor antagonists and a proton-pump inhibitorJ Mark Ruscin
Department of Pharmacy Practice, School of Pharmacy, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, 4200 E Ninth Avenue, Denver, CO 80262 0001, USA
Ann Pharmacother 36:812-6. 2002..To report a case of vitamin B(12) deficiency associated with long-term use (approximately 4 1/2 y) of histamine(2) (H(2))-receptor antagonists and a proton-pump inhibitor (PPI) in a patient with gastroesophageal reflux...
- Tumor necrosis factor-alpha and involuntary weight loss in elderly, community-dwelling adultsJ Mark Ruscin
School of Pharmacy, The Center on Aging, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, Colorado 80262, USA
Pharmacotherapy 25:313-9. 2005..To evaluate the association between involuntary weight loss and serum concentrations of tumor necrosis factor (TNF)-alpha in elderly, community-dwelling adults...
- Vitamin D intervention by pharmacists in geriatric outpatientsJoseph P Vande Griend
Department of Clinical Pharmacy, School of Pharmacy, University of Colorado Denver, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
J Am Pharm Assoc (2003) 48:501-7. 2008....
- Cholinesterase inhibitor use in geriatric outpatients with dementiaSunny A Linnebur
Department of Clinical Pharmacy, University of Colorado School of Pharmacy, Denver 80262 0238, USA
Am J Health Syst Pharm 62:923-6. 2005
- Challenges of treatment adherence in older patients with Parkinson's diseaseJacquelyn L Bainbridge
Department of Clinical Pharmacy, University of Colorado Denver, Aurora, Colorado 80045, USA
Drugs Aging 26:145-55. 2009..Research into new avenues that include improved drug monitoring, pharmacogenetics and neuroprotective regimens may give rise to better adherence in elderly patients with Parkinson's disease in the future...
- Elucidating the mechanism of action and potential interactions of MAO-B inhibitorsJacquelyn L Bainbridge
Department of Clinical Pharmacy, University of Colorado Aurora, 12631 East 17th Avenue, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
Neurol Clin 26:S85-96, vi. 2008..In this article, the mechanism of action of MAO-B inhibitors, their potential neuroprotective effects, interactions such as the cheese reaction, and serotonin syndrome are discussed...
- A multifaceted intervention to implement guidelines improved treatment of nursing home-acquired pneumonia in a state veterans homeEvelyn Hutt
Department of Medicine, Denver Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Denver, Colorado 80220, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 54:1694-700. 2006..To assess the feasibility of a multifaceted strategy to translate evidence-based guidelines for treating nursing home-acquired pneumonia (NHAP) into practice using a small intervention trial...
- A case-control study on adverse effects: H2 blocker or proton pump inhibitor use and risk of vitamin B12 deficiency in older adultsRobert J Valuck
School of Pharmacy, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, 4200 E 9th Ave, C 238, Denver, CO 80262, USA
J Clin Epidemiol 57:422-8. 2004..The purpose of this study was to examine the possible association between use of prescription histamine H-2 receptor antagonists (H2RA) or proton pump inhibitors (PPI) and vitamin B(12) deficiency in older adults...
- Prevalence of vitamin D insufficiency in elderly ambulatory outpatients in Denver, ColoradoSunny A Linnebur
Department of Clinical Pharmacy, University of Colorado at Denver and Health Sciences Center Denver, Colorado 80262, USA
Am J Geriatr Pharmacother 5:1-8. 2007..Moreover, most of the studies have been conducted in European patients, in certain geographic areas of the United States, or in institutionalized elderly...
- The risk of adverse drug events and hospital-related morbidity and mortality among older adults with potentially inappropriate medication useRobert L Page
Department of Clinical Pharmacy, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, School of Pharmacy, Denver, Colorado 80262, USA
Am J Geriatr Pharmacother 4:297-305. 2006..The development of specific lists of medications that are considered potentially inappropriate for older adults, such as the Beers criteria (BC), make it relatively easy to study prescribing practices in large numbers of patients...
- Restless legs syndrome induced by escitalopram: case report and review of the literatureRobert Lee Page
Department of Clinical Pharmacy, School of Pharmacy, School of Medicine, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, CO 80045, USA
Pharmacotherapy 28:271-80. 2008..Based on this case and additional data published with other SSRIs and SNRIs, we believe that escitalopram should be added to the list of agents that can induce RLS...
- Hydrochlorothiazide-induced angioedema in a patient allergic to sulfonamide antibiotics: evidence from a case report and a review of the literatureJ Mark Ruscin
Department of Clinical Pharmacy, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, School of Pharmacy and Center on Aging, Denver, Colorado 80262, USA
Am J Geriatr Pharmacother 4:325-9. 2006..Hypersensitivity reactions in patients receiving sulfonamide antibiotics have been frequently documented in the literature, but cross-reactivity with sulfonamide non-antibiotics rarely has been reported...
- Older adults with multi-morbidity: medication management processes and design implications for personal health applicationsLeah M Haverhals
Colorado REAP Research Enhancement Award Program to Improve Care Coordination, Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Denver, CO, USA
J Med Internet Res 13:e44. 2011..Optimizing the utility of PHAs requires a thorough understanding of older adults' needs, preferences, and practices...
- Impact of NHAP guideline implementation intervention on staff and resident vaccination ratesEvelyn Hutt
Denver VA Medical Center, Denver, CO 80220, USA
J Am Med Dir Assoc 11:365-70. 2010..Determine whether a comprehensive approach to implementing national consensus guidelines for nursing home acquired pneumonia (NHAP), including influenza and pneumococcal vaccination, improves resident subject and staff vaccination rates...