Affiliation: University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center
- Child and adult pedestrian impact: the influence of vehicle type on injury severityBasem Y Henary
Center for Applied Biomechanics, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA, USA
Annu Proc Assoc Adv Automot Med 47:105-26. 2003..Adults hit by LTV had the highest risk of injury and mortality. These findings indicate that pedestrian age, vehicle engineering design and impact speed are highly contributing to risks of pedestrian injury and mortality...
- An evaluation of the association between vehicle type and the source and severity of pedestrian injuriesBahman S Roudsari
Harborview Injury Prevention and Research Center, Seattle, Washington, USA
Traffic Inj Prev 6:185-92. 2005..Changes in design, such as altering the geometry and stiffness of front-end structures, might be associated with considerable decrease in the frequency and severity of pedestrian injury...
- Clustered and missing data in the US National Trauma Data Bank: implications for analysisB Roudsari
University of Texas School of Public Health, Dallas, Texas 75309 9128, USA
Inj Prev 14:96-100. 2008..Injury researchers are increasingly using the US National Trauma Data Bank (NTDB). However, there are some methodological issues that might threaten the validity of studies that use this database for injury research...
- Alcohol intoxication/dependence, ethnicity and utilisation of health care resources in a level I trauma centerBahman Roudsari
The University of Texas School of Public Health, Dallas, TX, United States
Injury 42:66-71. 2011..To evaluate the potential influence of acute intoxication and dependence to alcohol on extrautilisation of health care resources by ethnic minority trauma patients in a level I trauma center...
- Ethnicity, age, and trends in alcohol-related driver fatalities in the United StatesBahman Roudsari
University of Texas School of Public Health, Dallas, Texas 75390 9128, USA
Traffic Inj Prev 10:410-4. 2009..To evaluate the 8-year ethnic-specific declining trend in the proportion of alcohol-impaired driver deaths in the United States...
- Do minority or white patients respond to brief alcohol intervention in trauma centers? A randomized trialBahman Roudsari
University of Texas School of Public Health, Dallas, TX, USA
Ann Emerg Med 54:285-93. 2009..The current study evaluates whether the effectiveness of brief alcohol intervention in reducing 6- and 12-month risk of injuries in a large Level I urban trauma center varies according to trauma patients' ethnicity...
- Correlates of dating violence among male and female heavy-drinking college studentsBahman S Roudsari
University of Texas School of Public Health, 5323 Harry Hines, V8 112, Dallas, Texas 75390 9128, USA
J Interpers Violence 24:1892-905. 2009..To evaluate the correlates for dating violence among heavy-drinking college students...
- Comparison of mid-block and intersection-related left turn collisionsBahman Roudsari
University of Texas School of Public Health, Dallas Regional Campus, 5323 Harry Hines, Dallas, TX 75390, USA
Traffic Inj Prev 8:393-7. 2007..To evaluate the factors that might influence an occupant's injury severity during a left turn movement...
- Intracluster correlation coefficient in multicenter childhood trauma studiesBahman Roudsari
University of Texas School of Public Health, Dallas Regional Campus, Dallas, Texas 75390 9128, USA
Inj Prev 13:344-7. 2007....
- International comparison of prehospital trauma care systemsBahman S Roudsari
Department of Epidemiology, University of Texas, School of Public Health, Dallas, USA
Injury 38:993-1000. 2007..These environments represent the continuum of prehospital care in high income countries with more advanced prehospital trauma care systems...
- Emergency Medical Service (EMS) systems in developed and developing countriesBahman S Roudsari
Department of Epidemiology, University of Texas, School of Public Health, TX, USA
Injury 38:1001-13. 2007..To compare patient- and injury-related characteristics of trauma victims and pre-hospital trauma care systems among different developed and developing countries...
- Correlates of protective behavior utilization among heavy-drinking college studentsScott T Walters
University of Texas School of Public Health, Dallas Regional Campus, 5323 Harry Hines Blvd, V8 112, Dallas, TX 75390 9128, USA
Addict Behav 32:2633-44. 2007..Findings are discussed in terms of their implications on future research and prevention programming...
- Prehospital trauma care: what do we really know?Moishe Liberman
Department of Surgery, Montreal General Hospital, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Curr Opin Crit Care 13:691-6. 2007..This section of the journal aims to review the most current literature concerning these topics as well as highlight some important and relevant literature preceding it...
- Childhood trauma fatality and resource allocation in injury control programs in a developing countryBahman S Roudsari
Harborview Injury Prevention and Research Center and Department of Epidemiology, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, USA
BMC Public Health 6:117. 2006..This information will be used for the efficient allocation of the limited injury control resources in the city...
- The acute medical care costs of fall-related injuries among the U.S. older adultsBahman S Roudsari
Department of Epidemiology, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98104 2499, USA
Injury 36:1316-22. 2005....