Genomes and Genes
Aylin R Rodan
Affiliation: University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center
- Hemodialysis catheter insertion: is increased PO2 a sign of arterial cannulation? A case reportJulio C Chirinos
Department of Medicine, Division of Nephrology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, 5323 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas, Texas, USA
BMC Nephrol 15:127. 2014..We describe the finding of a rare left-sided partial anomalous pulmonary vein connection during central venous catheterization for continuous renal replacement therapy (CRRT)...
- The Drosophila NKCC Ncc69 is required for normal renal tubule functionAylin R Rodan
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Nephrology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, USA
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 303:C883-94. 2012..Thus, Ncc69 plays an important role in transepithelial ion and fluid transport in the fly renal tubule and is a target for regulation in antidiuretic states...
- Distal potassium handling based on flow modulation of maxi-K channel activityAylin R Rodan
Division of Nephrology, Department of Medicine, UT Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas 75390 8856, USA
Curr Opin Nephrol Hypertens 18:350-5. 2009..This review considers several human disorders characterized by hypokalemia and hyperkalemia, as well as mouse models of these disorders, and the mechanisms by which ROMK and maxi-K may be dysregulated...
- Long-lasting, experience-dependent alcohol preference in DrosophilaRaniero L Peru Y Colón de Portugal
Department of Psychiatry, UT Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX, USA Program in Neuroscience, UT Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX, USA
Addict Biol 19:392-401. 2014....
- Hypotonicity stimulates potassium flux through the WNK-SPAK/OSR1 kinase cascade and the Ncc69 sodium-potassium-2-chloride cotransporter in the Drosophila renal tubuleYipin Wu
From the Department of Internal Medicine, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas 75390 8856
J Biol Chem 289:26131-42. 2014....
- Recent advances in distal tubular potassium handlingAylin R Rodan
Division of Nephrology, Department of Medicine, UT, USA
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 300:F821-7. 2011..We also discuss outstanding questions and propose working models for future investigation...
- Rsu1 regulates ethanol consumption in Drosophila and humansShamsideen A Ojelade
Department of Psychiatry, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas, Dallas, TX 75390 Program in Neuroscience, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas, Dallas, TX 75390
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 112:E4085-93. 2015..Together, these data suggest a conserved role for integrin/Rsu1/Rac1/actin signaling in modulating reward-related phenotypes, including ethanol consumption, across phyla. ..
- Adult neuronal Arf6 controls ethanol-induced behavior with Arfaptin downstream of Rac1 and RhoGAP18BRaniero L Peru Y Colón de Portugal
Department of Psychiatry and Program in Neuroscience, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas, Dallas, Texas 75390, USA
J Neurosci 32:17706-13. 2012..Arf6 acts downstream of Rac1 and Arfaptin to regulate ethanol-induced behaviors, and we thus demonstrate that this conserved Rac1/Arfaptin/Arf6 pathway is a major mediator of ethanol-induced behavioral responses...