Vivian M Reznik
Affiliation: University of California
- Hais cuaj txub kaum txub--to speak of all things: a Hmong cross-cultural case studyV Reznik
Department of Pediatrics, School of Medicine, University of California San Diego, La Jolla, California, 92093 0831, USA
J Immigr Health 3:23-30. 2001..Trust was reestablished between the family and the healthcare providers and the medical outcome for the child improved...
- Navigating between cultures: the role of culture in youth violenceFernando I Soriano
Academic Center of Excellence on Youth Violence Prevention, University of California, San Diego, California 92093 0831, USA
J Adolesc Health 34:169-76. 2004..Physicians are more effective at providing appropriate referrals if they are aware that navigating among different cultures influences adolescent behavior...
- The San Diego East County school shootings: a qualitative study of community-level post-traumatic stressLawrence A Palinkas
Department of Family and Preventive Medicine, University of California San Diego, San Diego, California 92093 0807, USA
Prehosp Disaster Med 19:113-21. 2004..Within one month (March 2001), two separate incidents of school shootings occurred at two different high schools within the same school district in San Diego's East County...
- Career experiences and perceptions of underrepresented minority medical school facultyDeborah L Wingard
Department of Family and Preventive Medicine, University of California, San Diego School of Medicine, La Jolla, CA, USA
J Natl Med Assoc 100:1084-7. 2008..Over the past 10 years, recruitment and retention of URM junior faculty have increased. We undertook a study to explore factors associated with this improvement...
- Increasing the capacity of health sciences to address health disparitiesSandra P Daley
University of California San Diego, UCSD School of Medicine, Department of Pediatrics, La Jolla, CA 92093 0927, USA
J Natl Med Assoc 101:881-5. 2009..These investigators are already changing the climate at UCSD by their leadership activities, research focus, peer-networking, and mentoring of students...