Affiliation: University of Colorado
- Health services utilization during terminal illness in Addis Ababa, EthiopiaGeorges Reniers
Population Program, Institute of Behavioral Science, University of Colorado at Boulder, 484 UCB, Boulder, CO 80309, USA
Health Policy Plan 24:312-9. 2009..Because the contact rate with health service providers is greatest for TB/AIDS patients, it is unlikely that HIV/AIDS-related stigma is an impediment to seeking care. We cannot exclude, however, that it delays health-seeking behaviour...
- Marital strategies for regulating exposure to HIVGeorges Reniers
Institute of Behavioral Science, Population Program, University of Colorado Boulder, 484 UCB, Boulder, CO 80309, USA
Demography 45:417-38. 2008..The article concludes with reflections on the long-term and population-level implications of these coping mechanisms...
- Steep declines in population-level AIDS mortality following the introduction of antiretroviral therapy in Addis Ababa, EthiopiaGeorges Reniers
Population Program, Institute of Behavioral Science, University of Colorado, Boulder, Colorado, USA
AIDS 23:511-8. 2009..We use data from burial sites to estimate trends in adult AIDS mortality and the mitigating effects of ART in Addis Ababa. ART has been available since 2003, and for free since 2005...
- Refusal bias in HIV prevalence estimates from nationally representative seroprevalence surveysGeorges Reniers
Population Program, Institute of Behavioral Science, University of Colorado at Boulder, Boulder, CO 80309 0484, USA
AIDS 23:621-9. 2009..To assess the relationship between prior knowledge of one's HIV status and the likelihood to refuse HIV testing in populations-based surveys and explore its potential for producing bias in HIV prevalence estimates...
- Implications of the HIV testing protocol for refusal bias in seroprevalence surveysGeorges Reniers
Institute of Behavioral Science Population Program, University of Colorado, Boulder CO, USA
BMC Public Health 9:163. 2009..We investigate the effect of the post-test counseling study protocol on bias due to the refusal to be tested...
- Lay diagnosis of causes of death for monitoring AIDS mortality in Addis Ababa, EthiopiaTekebash Araya
Department of Community Health, Addis Ababa University, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Trop Med Int Health 9:178-86. 2004..Our results confirm the high impact of HIV/AIDS on mortality as was estimated by epidemiological projections for Addis Ababa...