Affiliation: University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center
- Nonpharmacologic therapies in spondyloarthritisAndreas M Reimold
Dallas VA Medical Center and University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX, USA Electronic address
Best Pract Res Clin Rheumatol 28:779-92. 2014..However, the quality and generalizability of the studies are limited. ..
- Anticitrullinated protein antibody (ACPA) in rheumatoid arthritis: influence of an interaction between HLA-DRB1 shared epitope and a deletion polymorphism in glutathione S-transferase in a cross-sectional studyTed R Mikuls
Omaha Veterans Affairs Medical Center and Nebraska Arthritis Outcomes Research Center, University of Nebraska Medical Center, 986270 Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, NE 68198 6270, USA
Arthritis Res Ther 12:R213. 2010..The purpose of this study was to examine the associations of GSTM1-null with ACPA positivity in RA and to assess for evidence of interaction between GSTM1 and HLA-DRB1 shared epitope (SE)...
- New indications for treatment of chronic inflammation by TNF-alpha blockadeAndreas M Reimold
Rheumatic Diseases Division, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas 75390, USA
Am J Med Sci 325:75-92. 2003..Further studies of optimal dosing, combination with other therapies, and long-term benefits and side effects will emerge from future trials...
- TNFalpha as therapeutic target: new drugs, more applicationsA M Reimold
Rheumatic Diseases Division, Dept of Internal Medicine, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas 75390 8884, USA
Curr Drug Targets Inflamm Allergy 1:377-92. 2002..The goal of this approach is to develop compounds that are orally available, have increased selectivity compared to generalized blockade of TNFalpha, yet are therapeutically useful for a range of chronic inflammatory diseases...
- Viruses and arthritis: new challenges in diagnosis, therapy, and immunizationAndreas Reimold
University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas VA Medical Center, 75390 8884, USA
Am J Med Sci 339:549-56. 2010..When evaluating arthritis in a patient with a chronic or latent viral infection, serologic testing and therapeutic options are significantly altered...
- Abatacept therapy for rheumatoid arthritis in the setting of hepatitis C infectionTina Dewan Mahajan
Dallas VA Medical Center and University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX, USA
J Clin Rheumatol 16:332-4. 2010..This article is the first report to describe the use of abatacept in 2 patients with rheumatoid arthritis and concomitant hepatitis C with favorable outcome...
- Cardiovascular outcomes in male veterans with rheumatoid arthritisSubhash Banerjee
Dallas VA Medical Center, Dallas, Texas, USA
Am J Cardiol 101:1201-5. 2008..03). In conclusion, in a population of male US veterans aged >50 years, (1) patients with RA were at high risk of MACEs, and (2) RA DAS was a significant predictor of MACEs independent of traditional cardiovascular risk factors...
- Acute coronary syndrome after infliximab infusionMoeen Abedin
Cardiology Division, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas 75390 8884, USA
Cardiol Rev 14:50-2. 2006..This case alerts infusion centers to consider the possibility that chest pain and dyspnea during infliximab infusion can represent a myocardial infarction, even in younger patients without a history of cardiac disease...
- REGULATION OF INFLAMMATORY RESPONSESAndreas Reimold; Fiscal Year: 2002..This knowledge will be applied to the HTLV-1-transgenic mouse model of rheumatoid arthritis to assess if a dominant-negative mutant of hXBP-1 reduces joint inflammation. ..
- Compressed Autoantibody Induction Heralding AutoimmunityAndreas Reimold; Fiscal Year: 2006..The gene expression signatures of autoantibody induction that emerges from this study will characterize the earliest stages of autoimmune disease induction. ..