Affiliation: University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center
- Nonpharmacologic therapies in spondyloarthritisAndreas M Reimold
Dallas VA Medical Center and University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX, USA Electronic address
Best Pract Res Clin Rheumatol 28:779-92. 2014..However, the quality and generalizability of the studies are limited. ..
- Anticitrullinated protein antibody (ACPA) in rheumatoid arthritis: influence of an interaction between HLA-DRB1 shared epitope and a deletion polymorphism in glutathione S-transferase in a cross-sectional studyTed R Mikuls
Omaha Veterans Affairs Medical Center and Nebraska Arthritis Outcomes Research Center, University of Nebraska Medical Center, 986270 Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, NE 68198 6270, USA
Arthritis Res Ther 12:R213. 2010..The purpose of this study was to examine the associations of GSTM1-null with ACPA positivity in RA and to assess for evidence of interaction between GSTM1 and HLA-DRB1 shared epitope (SE)...
- New indications for treatment of chronic inflammation by TNF-alpha blockadeAndreas M Reimold
Rheumatic Diseases Division, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas 75390, USA
Am J Med Sci 325:75-92. 2003..Further studies of optimal dosing, combination with other therapies, and long-term benefits and side effects will emerge from future trials...
- TNFalpha as therapeutic target: new drugs, more applicationsA M Reimold
Rheumatic Diseases Division, Dept of Internal Medicine, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas 75390 8884, USA
Curr Drug Targets Inflamm Allergy 1:377-92. 2002..The goal of this approach is to develop compounds that are orally available, have increased selectivity compared to generalized blockade of TNFalpha, yet are therapeutically useful for a range of chronic inflammatory diseases...
- Viruses and arthritis: new challenges in diagnosis, therapy, and immunizationAndreas Reimold
University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas VA Medical Center, 75390 8884, USA
Am J Med Sci 339:549-56. 2010..When evaluating arthritis in a patient with a chronic or latent viral infection, serologic testing and therapeutic options are significantly altered...
- Nonalcoholic fatty liver disease: a potential consequence of tumor necrosis factor-inhibitor therapyLinda A Feagins
aDivision of Gastroenterology and Hepatology bDivision of Rheumatology cDepartment of Pathology, VA North Texas Healthcare System dDivision of Digestive and Liver Diseases eDivision of Rheumatology fDepartment of Pathology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas, USA
Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 27:1154-60. 2015..We aimed to explore risk factors for this TNFi complication in a case-control study...
- Abatacept therapy for rheumatoid arthritis in the setting of hepatitis C infectionTina Dewan Mahajan
Dallas VA Medical Center and University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX, USA
J Clin Rheumatol 16:332-4. 2010..This article is the first report to describe the use of abatacept in 2 patients with rheumatoid arthritis and concomitant hepatitis C with favorable outcome...
- Cardiovascular outcomes in male veterans with rheumatoid arthritisSubhash Banerjee
Dallas VA Medical Center, Dallas, Texas, USA
Am J Cardiol 101:1201-5. 2008..03). In conclusion, in a population of male US veterans aged >50 years, (1) patients with RA were at high risk of MACEs, and (2) RA DAS was a significant predictor of MACEs independent of traditional cardiovascular risk factors...
- Acute coronary syndrome after infliximab infusionMoeen Abedin
Cardiology Division, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas 75390 8884, USA
Cardiol Rev 14:50-2. 2006..This case alerts infusion centers to consider the possibility that chest pain and dyspnea during infliximab infusion can represent a myocardial infarction, even in younger patients without a history of cardiac disease...
- REGULATION OF INFLAMMATORY RESPONSESAndreas Reimold; Fiscal Year: 2002..This knowledge will be applied to the HTLV-1-transgenic mouse model of rheumatoid arthritis to assess if a dominant-negative mutant of hXBP-1 reduces joint inflammation. ..
- Compressed Autoantibody Induction Heralding AutoimmunityAndreas Reimold; Fiscal Year: 2006..The gene expression signatures of autoantibody induction that emerges from this study will characterize the earliest stages of autoimmune disease induction. ..