- Entrapment and Enmeshment Schemes Used by Sex TraffickersJoan A Reid
University of South Florida St Petersburg, FL, USA
Sex Abuse 28:491-511. 2016..These findings inform potential prevention efforts and highlight the need for multi-systemic, victim-centered approaches to intervention. ..
- Sex Trafficking of Girls With Intellectual Disabilities: An Exploratory Mixed Methods StudyJoan A Reid
University of South Florida St Petersburg, USA
Sex Abuse . 2016..The disproportionate risk faced by girls with ID substantiates the need for enhanced safeguards to prevent sexual exploitation of girls with ID including stiffer penalties for those who exploit and buy sex with youth with disabilities...
- On the relationships between commercial sexual exploitation/prostitution, substance dependency, and delinquency in youthful offendersJoan A Reid
University of South Florida, St Petersburg, FL, USA
Child Maltreat 19:247-60. 2014..Additionally, drug involvement at one year was linked to CSE/prostitution during the subsequent year during early years of the study. ..
- An exploratory model of girls' vulnerability to commercial sexual exploitation in prostitutionJoan A Reid
Department of Rehabilitation and Mental Health Counseling, University of South Florida, Tampa, FL 33612, USA
Child Maltreat 16:146-57. 2011..Sexual denigration of self/others was significantly related to the likelihood of prostitution as a minor. The network of variables in the model accounted for 34% of the variance in prostitution as a minor...
- A model of vulnerability for adult sexual victimization: the impact of attachment, child maltreatment, and scarred sexualityJoan A Reid
University of South Florida, USA
Violence Vict 24:485-501. 2009..Both neglect and JSV impact shaming sexual beliefs and behaviors, contributing to the risk for adult sexual victimization. This set of variables accounted for 27% of variance in adult sexual victimization...