Affiliation: University of Iowa
- Olcegepant, a non-peptide CGRP1 antagonist for migraine treatmentAna Recober
Department of Neurology, 2RCP, University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
IDrugs 10:566-74. 2007..For a successful marketing of olcegepant, larger clinical trials and the development of an effective oral formulation will be necessary...
- Calcitonin gene-related peptide: an update on the biologyAna Recober
Departments of Neurology, University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa 52242, USA
Curr Opin Neurol 22:241-6. 2009..Especial attention was given to those published within the last year...
- Induction of multiple photophobic behaviors in a transgenic mouse sensitized to CGRPAna Recober
Department of Neurology, University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
Neuropharmacology 58:156-65. 2010..Our findings confirm the robust CGRP-induced light-aversive phenotype of nestin/hRAMP1 mice, which can be a surrogate of photophobia, and validates its usefulness as a model of migraine and other disorders associated with photophobia...
- Modulation of CGRP-induced light aversion in wild-type mice by a 5-HT(1B/D) agonistEric A Kaiser
Department of Molecular Physiology and Biophysics, University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa 52242, USA
J Neurosci 32:15439-49. 2012..Thus, we demonstrate that activation of endogenous CGRP receptors is sufficient to elicit light aversion in mice, which can be modulated by a drug commonly used to treat migraine...
- Anti-CGRP antibodies block CGRP-induced diarrhea in miceEric A Kaiser
Departments of Molecular Physiology and Biophysics, University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA 52242, United States
Neuropeptides . 2016..This preclinical study indicates that anti-CGRP antibodies may provide a new preventative therapy for gastrointestinal disorders involving CGRP...
- Light aversion in mice depends on nonimage-forming irradiance detectionStewart Thompson
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences and The Howard Hughes Medical Institute, University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
Behav Neurosci 124:821-7. 2010..Further, the differing effects of disease suggest that negative masking and light aversion are distinct responses with specialized nonimage-forming irradiance detection pathways...
- Role of calcitonin gene-related peptide in light-aversive behavior: implications for migraineAna Recober
Department of Neurology, University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa 52242, USA
J Neurosci 29:8798-804. 2009..Moreover, they validate CGRP hypersensitive mice as a tool for exploring the neurobiology and novel therapies for migraine and other disorders involving photophobia...
- Calcitonin gene-related peptide: A molecular link between obesity and migraine?Ana Recober
Headache Division Department of Neurology, University of Iowa, IA, USA
Drug News Perspect 23:112-7. 2010..Enhanced trigeminal CGRP production in obese susceptible individuals may lower the threshold necessary to trigger migraine attacks, leading to more frequent episodes and eventually to chronic migraine...
- Menstrual migraineAna Recober
Department of Neurology, Division of Head and Facial Pain, University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, 200 Hawkins Drive, 2 RCP, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
Curr Neurol Neurosci Rep 5:93-8. 2005..Some patients do not require prophylaxis when they can abort their attacks effectively, whereas others may benefit from perimenstrual prophylaxis or standard migraine prophylaxis...