Dan J Raz
Affiliation: University of California
- Bronchioloalveolar carcinoma: a reviewDan J Raz
Department of Surgery, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94131, USA
Clin Lung Cancer 7:313-22. 2006..Stage for stage, patients with BAC have a higher rate of long-term survival but might have an increased rate of intrathoracic recurrence than patients with other subtypes of NSCLC...
- Epidemiology of non-small cell lung cancer in Asian Americans: incidence patterns among six subgroups by nativityDan J Raz
Thoracic Oncology Program, Department of Surgery, University of California, San Francisco, California 94131, USA
J Thorac Oncol 3:1391-7. 2008..S.-born and foreign-born Asians...
- A multigene assay is prognostic of survival in patients with early-stage lung adenocarcinomaDan J Raz
Thoracic Oncology Program, Department of Surgery, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94131, USA
Clin Cancer Res 14:5565-70. 2008..We sought to generate a real-time PCR (RT-PCR)-based prognostic model in patients with early stage lung adenocarcinoma, the dominant histology of lung cancer in the United States...
- Diagnosis and treatment of bronchioloalveolar carcinomaDan J Raz
University of California, San Francisco, Department of Surgery, San Francisco, California 94143 0470, USA
Curr Opin Pulm Med 13:290-6. 2007..We review issues surrounding the diagnosis and treatment of bronchioloalveolar carcinoma, which often differs from other types of lung cancer...
- Natural history of stage I non-small cell lung cancer: implications for early detectionDan J Raz
University of California, San Francisco, 513 Parnassus Ave, S 321, San Francisco, CA 94131, USA
Chest 132:193-9. 2007..Our hypothesis is that long-term survival in patients with untreated stage I non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) is uncommon...
- Clinical characteristics and survival of patients with surgically resected, incidentally detected lung cancerDan J Raz
Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Department of Surgery, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94131, USA
J Thorac Oncol 2:125-30. 2007....
- Misclassification of bronchioloalveolar carcinoma with cytologic diagnosis of lung cancerDan J Raz
Department of Surgery, Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery and the UCSF Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94131, USA
J Thorac Oncol 1:943-8. 2006..The aims of this study were to calculate the sensitivity and specificity of cytologic diagnosis of BAC and to estimate the misclassification of BAC as other subtypes of NSCLC...
- Tumor fluoro-2-deoxy-D-glucose avidity on positron emission tomographic scan predicts mortality in patients with early-stage pure and mixed bronchioloalveolar carcinomaDan J Raz
Department of Surgery, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, Calif 94131, USA
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 132:1189-95. 2006..We investigated whether tumor FDG avidity was associated with worse survival among patients with completely resected node-negative pure and mixed bronchioloalveolar carcinoma...
- Bronchioloalveolar carcinoma is not associated with younger age at diagnosis: an analysis of the SEER databaseDan J Raz
Department of Surgery, Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery, University of California, San Francisco 94131, USA
J Thorac Oncol 1:339-43. 2006..Although BAC is commonly reported to occur more frequently in young people with lung cancer, there is a lack of evidence to support this association...
- Current concepts in bronchioloalveolar carcinoma biologyDan J Raz
Department of Surgery, Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery, University of California, San Francisco, 94143 1724, USA
Clin Cancer Res 12:3698-704. 2006
- A practical molecular assay to predict survival in resected non-squamous, non-small-cell lung cancer: development and international validation studiesJohannes R Kratz
University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143 1724, USA
Lancet 379:823-32. 2012..We aimed to develop and validate a practical, reliable assay that improves risk stratification compared with conventional staging...
- Cigarette smoking associated with lung adenocarcinoma in situ in a large case-control study (SFBALCS)Paige M Bracci
Departmentsof Epidemiology and Biostatistics, School of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, California 94158, USA
J Thorac Oncol 7:1352-60. 2012..Compared with other lung cancer histologies, AIS patients are less likely to be smokers, yet associations with other lung cancer risk factors and differences by sex have not been determined...
- Update on the molecular biology of malignant mesotheliomaAmie Y Lee
Department of Surgery, Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery, University of California, San Francisco, California 94143, USA
Cancer 109:1454-61. 2007....
- Complications of Feeding Jejunostomy Tubes in Patients with Gastroesophageal CancerAudrey H Choi
Department of Surgery, City of Hope, Duarte, CA, USA
J Gastrointest Surg . 2016..Feeding jejunostomy tubes (FJT) in patients undergoing resection of gastroesophageal cancers facilitate perioperative nutrition. Data regarding FJT use and complications are limited...
- Tumoricidal activity of high-dose tumor necrosis factor-alpha is mediated by macrophage-derived nitric oxide burst and permanent blood flow shutdownChandrakala Menon
Department of Surgery, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Int J Cancer 123:464-75. 2008..We conclude that TNF causes tumor infiltrating, macrophage-derived iNOS-mediated tumor NO rise and sustained tumor blood flow shutdown, resulting in tumor ulceration in the responsive tumor...
- EGFR expression and mutational analysis as a predictive testDan J Raz
J Clin Oncol 25:2144; author reply 2144-5. 2007
- Five-gene signature in non-small-cell lung cancerDan J Raz
N Engl J Med 356:1582; author reply 1583. 2007