Affiliation: University of California
- Indomethacin attenuates hyperthermia produced by anterior coronal lateral hypothalamic knife cutsVinuta Rau
Department of Psychology, University of California, Los Angeles, 405 Hilgard Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1563, USA
Brain Res Bull 64:53-8. 2004..There was no effect of knife cuts on food intake and body weight loss, which were also measured, suggesting that this fiber system is not involved in feeding behavior...
- Stress-induced enhancement of fear learning: an animal model of posttraumatic stress disorderVinuta Rau
Department of Psychology, University of California, Los Angeles, 415 Hilgard Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1563, USA
Neurosci Biobehav Rev 29:1207-23. 2005..This model can facilitate the study of neurobiological mechanisms underlying sensitization of responses observed in PTSD...
- Isoflurane suppresses stress-enhanced fear learning in a rodent model of post-traumatic stress disorderVinuta Rau
Department of Anesthesia and Perioperative Care, University of California, San Francisco, California 94143 0464, USA
Anesthesiology 110:487-95. 2009..Subsequent exposure to a single foot shock produces an enhanced fear response. This effect is akin to sensitized reactions shown by some post-traumatic stress disorder patients to cues previously associated with the traumatic event...
- Exposure to a stressor produces a long lasting enhancement of fear learning in ratsVinuta Rau
Department of Anesthesia, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Stress 12:125-33. 2009..The time-course of the enhancement was examined in the next two experiments. These experiments show that SEFL persists for at least 3 months...
- Induction and Expression of Fear Sensitization Caused by Acute Traumatic StressJennifer N Perusini
Department of Psychology, University of California at Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Neuropsychopharmacology 41:45-57. 2016..Western blot analysis of the basolateral amygdala (BLA) revealed an increase in the GluA1 AMPA receptor subunit that correlated with SEFL. Thus, CORT is permissive to trauma-induced changes in BLA function. ..
- Effect of hypercarbia and isoflurane on brain cell death and neurocognitive dysfunction in 7-day-old ratsGreg Stratmann
Department of Anesthesia and Perioperative Car, University of California, San Francisco, California 94143, USA
Anesthesiology 110:849-61. 2009..The authors therefore tested if cell death caused by various durations of isoflurane at 1 minimum alveolar concentration causes duration-dependent long-term neurocognitive dysfunction...