Kalani L Raphael
Affiliation: University of Utah
- Bicarbonate Concentration, Acid-Base Status, and Mortality in the Health, Aging, and Body Composition StudyKalani L Raphael
Due to the number of contributing authors, the affiliations are provided in the Supplemental Material
Clin J Am Soc Nephrol 11:308-16. 2016..Low serum bicarbonate associates with mortality in CKD. This study investigated the associations of bicarbonate and acid-base status with mortality in healthy older individuals...
- Serum bicarbonate and mortality in adults in NHANES IIIKalani L Raphael
Salt Lake City VA Healthcare System, Salt Lake City, UT, USA
Nephrol Dial Transplant 28:1207-13. 2013..Low serum bicarbonate concentration is a risk factor for death in people with chronic kidney disease (CKD). Whether low serum bicarbonate is a mortality risk factor for people without CKD is unknown...
- Cognitive function and the risk of death in chronic kidney diseaseKalani L Raphael
VA Healthcare System, University of Utah School of Medicine, Salt Lake City, USA
Am J Nephrol 35:49-57. 2012....
- Higher serum bicarbonate levels within the normal range are associated with better survival and renal outcomes in African AmericansKalani L Raphael
VA Healthcare System, Salt Lake City, Utah, USA
Kidney Int 79:356-62. 2011..Whether increasing serum bicarbonate into the high-normal range will improve kidney outcomes during interventional studies will need to be considered...
- Associations of serum skeletal alkaline phosphatase with elevated C-reactive protein and mortalityRebecca Filipowicz
Department of Medicine, University of Utah School of Medicine, 85 North Medical Drive East, Salt Lake City, UT 84112, USA
Clin J Am Soc Nephrol 8:26-32. 2013..It is unclear to what extent these associations are related to bone disease...
- High dietary fiber intake is associated with decreased inflammation and all-cause mortality in patients with chronic kidney diseaseVidya M Raj Krishnamurthy
VA Salt Lake City Health Care System, Salt Lake City, Utah, USA
Kidney Int 81:300-6. 2012..Interventional trials are needed to establish the effects of fiber intake on inflammation and mortality in kidney disease...
- Serum alkaline phosphatase levels associate with elevated serum C-reactive protein in chronic kidney diseaseSriharsha Damera
Department of Medicine, University of Utah School of Medicine, Salt Lake City, Utah, USA
Kidney Int 79:228-33. 2011..Thus, associations of serum alkaline phosphatase with elevated CRP are independent of serum 25-OH vitamin D in the chronic and non-CKD populations. Hence, serum alkaline phosphatase might be a marker of the inflammatory milieu...
- Net endogenous acid production and mortality in NHANES IIIHunter K Huston
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah
Nephrology (Carlton) 20:209-15. 2015....
- Prevalence of and risk factors for reduced serum bicarbonate in chronic kidney diseaseKalani L Raphael
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT, USA Salt Lake City VA Health Care System, Salt Lake City, UT, USA
Nephrology (Carlton) 19:648-54. 2014..The purpose of this study is to identify risk factors, other than reduced glomerular filtration rate, for reduced serum bicarbonate in chronic kidney disease...
- Implications of the Frequent Hemodialysis Network-Daily TrialKalani L Raphael
Division of Nephrology and Hypertension, University of Utah and Salt Lake City Veterans Affairs Health Care System, Salt Lake City, Utah, USA
Semin Dial 24:621-8. 2011..Despite the promising results, caution is needed in the projection of these intermediate outcomes to hard clinical endpoints, such as cardiovascular events and death...