Affiliation: University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center
- Phosphatidylserine is a marker of tumor vasculature and a potential target for cancer imaging and therapySophia Ran
Simmons Comprehensive Cancer Center, The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75390 8594, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 54:1479-84. 2002..2) To determine whether PS exposure can be induced on viable endothelial cells in tissue culture by conditions present in the tumor microenvironment...
- Semaphorin 3B inhibits the phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase/Akt pathway through neuropilin-1 in lung and breast cancer cellsEmely Castro-Rivera
Departments of Internal Medicine, Hamon Center for Therapeutic Oncology Research Simmons Cancer Center, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas 75390 8593, USA
Cancer Res 68:8295-303. 2008..We conclude that SEMA3B is a potential tumor suppressor that induces apoptosis in SEMA3B-inactivated tumor cells through the Np-1 receptor by inactivating the Akt signaling pathway. CA118384..
- The vascular-ablative agent VEGF(121)/rGel inhibits pulmonary metastases of MDA-MB-231 breast tumorsSophia Ran
Simmons Comprehensive Cancer Center and Department of Pharmacology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX, USA
Neoplasia 7:486-96. 2005..Thus, the antitumor vascular-ablative effect of VEGF(121)/rGel may be utilized not only for treating primary tumors but also for inhibiting metastatic spread and vascularization of metastases...
- Antitumor effects of a monoclonal antibody that binds anionic phospholipids on the surface of tumor blood vessels in miceSophia Ran
Department of Pharmacology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas, 2201 Inwood Road NC7 304, Dallas, TX 75390, USA
Clin Cancer Res 11:1551-62. 2005..In the present study, we tested the hypothesis that a monoclonal antibody directed against anionic phospholipids might exert antitumor effects by causing vascular damage in tumors...
- Tumor oxygen dynamics: correlation of in vivo MRI with histological findingsDawen Zhao
Department of Radiology, UT Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX, USA
Neoplasia 5:308-18. 2003..These results further validate the utilization of FREDOM to monitor tumor oxygenation and concur with the hypothesis that the level of hypoxia is related to tumor growth rate and poor vascularity...
- Oxygenation in a human tumor xenograft: manipulation through respiratory challenge and antibody-directed infarctionRalph P Mason
Department of Radiology, U T Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75390, USA
Adv Exp Med Biol 530:197-204. 2003..This has allowed us both to investigate dynamic response to respiratory challenge (carbogen) and to probe the mechanisms of a new anti-vascular therapy designed to produce tumor-specific infarction...
- Evaluation of novel antimouse VEGFR2 antibodies as potential antiangiogenic or vascular targeting agents for tumor therapySophia Ran
Simmons Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75390 8594, USA
Neoplasia 5:297-307. 2003..Vascular damage was not observed in normal organs, including kidneys and pancreas. These studies demonstrate that anti-VEGFR2 antibodies have potential for vascular targeting and imaging of tumors in vivo...
- Increased exposure of anionic phospholipids on the surface of tumor blood vesselsSophia Ran
Simmons Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas 75390 8594, USA
Cancer Res 62:6132-40. 2002..Anionic phospholipids on tumor vessels could potentially provide markers for tumor vessel targeting and imaging...
- Quantitative assessment of tumor oxygen dynamics: molecular imaging for prognostic radiologyRalph P Mason
Department of Radiology, U T Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas, USA
J Cell Biochem Suppl 39:45-53. 2002....
- Semaphorin 3B (SEMA3B) induces apoptosis in lung and breast cancer, whereas VEGF165 antagonizes this effectEmely Castro-Rivera
Hamon Center for Therapeutic Oncology Research, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75390, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 101:11432-7. 2004..In conclusion, we hypothesize that VEGF165, produced by tumor cells, acts as an autocrine survival factor and that SEMA3B mediates its tumor-suppressing effects, at least in part, by blocking this VEGF autocrine activity...
- A monoclonal antibody that blocks VEGF binding to VEGFR2 (KDR/Flk-1) inhibits vascular expression of Flk-1 and tumor growth in an orthotopic human breast cancer modelWei Zhang
Simmons Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas 75390 8594, USA
Angiogenesis 5:35-44. 2002..These findings suggest that 2C3 is a candidate for treating primary cancer and for preventing the outgrowth of tumor metastases in cancer patients...
- Role of the putative tumor metastasis suppressor gene Drg-1 in breast cancer progressionSucharita Bandyopadhyay
Department of Medical Microbiology and Immunology, Southern Illinois University School of Medicine, Springfield, IL 62702, USA
Oncogene 23:5675-81. 2004..Together, our results strongly suggest functional involvement of the Drg-1 gene in suppressing the metastatic advancement of human breast cancer...
- Anti-VEGF-A therapy reduces lymphatic vessel density and expression of VEGFR-3 in an orthotopic breast tumor modelBrandt Whitehurst
Department of Medical Microbiology, Immunology and Cell Biology, Southern Illinois University School of Medicine, Springfield, IL, USA
Int J Cancer 121:2181-91. 2007..These results suggest a novel mechanism by which anti-VEGF-A therapy may suppress tumor lymphangiogenesis and subsequent metastasis supporting the use of anti-VEGF-A therapy to control metastasis clinically...
- Nab-paclitaxel efficacy in the orthotopic model of human breast cancer is significantly enhanced by concurrent anti-vascular endothelial growth factor A therapyLisa D Volk
Department of Medical Microbiology, Immunology and Cell Biology, Southern Illinois University School of Medicine, 801 N Rutledge, Springfield, IL, 62794 9678, USA
Neoplasia 10:613-23. 2008..The significant increase in the cure of tumor-bearing mice in the nab-paclitaxel/bevacizumab combined group compared with mice treated with single drugs strongly advocates for implementing such strategy in clinics...
- In vitro and in vivo studies of a VEGF121/rGelonin chimeric fusion toxin targeting the neovasculature of solid tumorsLiesbeth M Veenendaal
Immunopharmacology and Targeted Therapy Section, Department of Bioimmunotherapy, Univ of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, 1515 Holcombe Boulevard, Houston, TX 77030 4009, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 99:7866-71. 2002..These studies demonstrate the successful use of VEGF(121)/rGel fusion construct for the targeted destruction of tumor vasculature in vivo...