Affiliation: University of Vermont
- Pregnancy rhinitis and rhinitis medicamentosaBetty Rambur
College of Nursing and Health Sciences, University of Vermont in Burlington, VT, USA
J Am Acad Nurse Pract 14:527-30. 2002..To present guidelines for the recognition, management, and referral of pregnancy rhinitis with a goal of improving the quality of the pregnancy experience for women afflicted with this condition...
- A statewide analysis of RNs' intention to leave their positionBetty Rambur
College of Nursing and Health Sciences, University of Vermont, 105 Rowell, Burlington, VT 05405, USA
Nurs Outlook 51:182-8. 2003
- Metric-driven harm: an exploration of unintended consequences of performance measurementBetty Rambur
University of Vermont, College of Nursing and Health Sciences, Burlington, VT 05405, USA Electronic address
Appl Nurs Res 26:269-72. 2013..Implications for further research are discussed. ..
- A cross-disciplinary Statewide healthcare workforce analysisBetty Rambur
University of Vermont College of Nursing and Health Sciences, Burlington, VT 05405, USA
J Allied Health 37:105-9. 2008..Nevertheless, vacancy and turnover rates in the hospital setting for all professions were comparatively modest. Implications for policy and research methods are detailed...
- Education as a determinant of career retention and job satisfaction among registered nursesBetty Rambur
College of Nursing and Health Sciences, University of Vermont, Burlington, VT, USA
J Nurs Scholarsh 37:185-92. 2005..To compare job satisfaction and career retention in two cohorts of RNs, those whose highest degrees were the associate degree (AD) or the bachelor's degree (BS) in nursing...
- Does a 'shadow workforce' of inactive nurses exist?Barbara McIntosh
School of Business Administration, University of Vermont, Burlington, VT, USA
Nurs Econ 24:231-7, 227; quiz 238. 2006..The notion that large numbers of nurses are available to return to work is not supported by this study. Desirable benefits for those wishing to return are discussed...
- Measuring the nursing workforce: clarifying the definitionsKyndaron Reinier
University of Vermont, USA
Med Care Res Rev 62:741-55. 2005..The Vermont pilot study results demonstrate that a richer profile of the health workforce can be obtained by using both standard workforce measures and more subjective questions to assess a statewide need for nurses...
- Advanced Practice Registered Nurse supply in a small state: trends to inform policyMary Val Palumbo
University of Vermont, Burlington, VT 05405, USA
Policy Polit Nurs Pract 12:27-35. 2011..Implications for workforce planning and public policy are discussed...
- Retaining an aging nurse workforce: perceptions of human resource practicesMary Val Palumbo
Office of Nursing Workforce, Research, Planning, and Development, University of Vermont, Burlington, VT, USA
Nurs Econ 27:221-7, 232. 2009..This study provides an indicator of progress or lack of progress in addressing older nurse recruitment and retention, and also offers guidance for differentiating policies and practices for younger and older nurses...
- The volunteer potential of inactive nurses for disaster preparednessAlice Fothergill
Department of Sociology, 31 South Prospect Street, University of Vermont, Burlington, VT 05405 0176, USA
Public Health Nurs 22:414-21. 2005..Inactive nurses' interest in volunteering for emergency preparedness was examined...
- Middle school students' perceptions of an ideal career and a career in nursingJudith A Cohen
Department of Nursing, College of Nursing and Health Sciences, University of Vermont, Burlington, VT 05405, USA
J Prof Nurs 20:202-10. 2004..Implications for the development of timely and effective nursing recruitment campaigns targeting middle school students are offered...
- Perceptions of an ideal career versus perceptions of six health careersMary Val Palumbo
Office of Nursing Workforce, Research, Planning, and Development, University of Vermont, College of Nursing and Health Sciences, Burlington, VT 05405, USA
J Allied Health 37:8-14. 2008....
- Male and female nurse dissatisfactionBetty Rambur
Health Aff (Millwood) 22:280-1. 2003
- Combating the nursing shortage. Vermont's call to actionJudith A Cohen
Department of Nursing, College of Nursing and Health Sciences, University of Vermont, 219 Rowell, Burlington, VT 05405, USA
Nurs Leadersh Forum 8:3-12. 2003..Lessons for replication are underscored...
- Tai Chi for older nurses: a workplace wellness pilot studyMary Val Palumbo
Office of Nursing Workforce, University of Vermont, Burlington, 05405 0068, USA
Appl Nurs Res 25:54-9. 2012....
- Practical nurses' health and safety in nursing homesMary Val Palumbo
University of Vermont, USA
J Health Hum Serv Adm 34:271-301. 2011..These components were examined in relationship to work setting and intention to leave for the purpose of exploring workforce issues involving these important care providers of frail elders...
- Advanced practice registered nurse intended actions toward patient-directed dyingJessica Jannette
Department of Nursing, The University of Vermont, Burlington, USA
JONAS Healthc Law Ethics Regul 15:80-8; quiz 89-90. 2013..Hospice and palliative care employment experience was reported by 75% of the sample...
- Recruiting knowledge, not just nursesToni H Kaeding
Freeman Nurse Scholars Program, University of Vermont, Burlington, VT 05405, USA
J Prof Nurs 20:137-8. 2004..In conclusion, merit scholarships are an effective means of building intellectual capacity and attracting academically stronger candidates to the nursing profession...
- Reducing Preventable Hospitalizations With Two Models of Transitional CareJessica Morrison
Kappa Tau, Support and Services at Home SASH Wellness Nurse, Cathedral Square Corporation, S Burlington, VT, USA
J Nurs Scholarsh 48:322-9. 2016..Few studies, however, have included side-by-side descriptions of the efficacy of transitional care programs varying by healthcare providers or program focus...