Affiliation: University of Vermont
- "Nothing is wrong, doctor": understanding and managing denial in patients with cancerTerry Rabinowitz
Department of Psychiatry and Family Medicine, University of Vermont College of Medicine and Fletcher Allen Health Care, Burlington, 05401, USA
Cancer Invest 24:68-76. 2006..This article discusses denial in the context of cancer diagnosis, treatment, and prognosis and strategies for managing this common condition...
- Delirium: an important (but often unrecognized) clinical syndromeTerry Rabinowitz
Department of Psychiatry, University of Vermont College of Medicine and Fletcher Allen Health Care, 111 Colchester Avenue, Burlington, VT 05401, USA
Curr Psychiatry Rep 4:202-8. 2002..Its prevention and treatment will be covered elsewhere in this journal...
- Delirium: pathophysiology, recognition, prevention and treatmentTerry Rabinowitz
University of Vermont College of Medicine, Psychiatric Consultation Service, Fletcher Allen Health Care, Burlington, Vermont, USA
Expert Rev Neurother 3:343-55. 2003....
- Development of mental health quality indicators (MHQIs) for inpatient psychiatry based on the interRAI mental health assessmentChristopher M Perlman
School of Public Health and Health Systems, University of Waterloo, 200 University Ave West, Waterloo N2L 3G1, Canada
BMC Health Serv Res 13:15. 2013....
- Measuring depression in nursing home residents with the MDS and GDS: an observational psychometric studyMelissa Koehler
New Hanover Regional Medical Center, 2131 S 17th Street, Wilmington, NC 28401, USA
BMC Geriatr 5:1. 2005..The objective of this study was to examine the Minimum Data Set (MDS) and Geriatric Depression Scale (GDS) as measures of depression among nursing home residents...
- New directions for telemental health researchTerry Rabinowitz
Department of Psychiatry, University of Vermont College of Medicine and Fletcher Allen Health Care, Northeast Telehealth Resource Center, Burlington, Vermont 05401, USA
Telemed J E Health 14:972-6. 2008..This white paper will review the current state of telemental health research and will offer suggestions for future directions necessary for telemental research to take in order to firmly establish its effectiveness...
- Benefits of a telepsychiatry consultation service for rural nursing home residentsTerry Rabinowitz
Department of Psychiatry, University of Vermont College of Medicine and Fletcher Allen Health Care, Burlington, Vermont 05401, USA
Telemed J E Health 16:34-40. 2010..In addition, this approach will allow many nursing homes to provide essential care that would not otherwise be available...
- Prevalence and correlates of urinary incontinence in a large cohort of psychiatric inpatientsTerry Rabinowitz
Department of Psychiatry, University of Vermont College of Medicine and Fletcher Allen Health Care, 111 Colchester Ave, Burlington, VT 05401 1473, USA
Psychiatr Serv 62:97-100. 2011..This exploratory study examined the prevalence of urinary incontinence and factors associated with this condition among persons with mental illness in three age groups: under 45, 45-64, and 65 and older...
- Telemedicine as a tool to provide family conferences and palliative care consultations in critically ill patients at rural health care institutions: a pilot studyPrema R Menon
University of Vermont, Burlington, VT, USA Department of Medicine, Pulmonary Critical Care Medicine Division, University of Vermont, Burlington, VT, USA
Am J Hosp Palliat Care 32:448-53. 2015..Many critically ill patients who transfer from rural hospitals to tertiary care centers (TCCs) have poor prognoses, and family members are unable to discuss patient prognosis and goals of care with TCC providers until after transfer...