Raimi L Quiton
Affiliation: University of Maryland
- Age-related changes in nociceptive processing in the human brainRaimi L Quiton
Program in Neuroscience, University of Maryland, Baltimore, Maryland 21201, USA
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1097:175-8. 2007..Gray matter volumes in S1 and aINS were significantly smaller for the older group (P = 0.02 and 0.0001, respectively), suggesting reduced processing capacity in these regions that might account for smaller pain-related fMRI responses...
- Conditioned place preference reveals tonic pain in an animal model of central painLeyla Davoody
Department of Endodontics, Prosthodontics and Operative Dentistry, Baltimore College of Dental Surgery, 650 West Baltimore Street, Baltimore, MD, USA
J Pain 12:868-74. 2011..These findings are consistent with the conclusion that animals with spinal cord injury suffer from tonic pain...
- Sex differences in endogenous pain modulation by distracting and painful conditioning stimulationRaimi L Quiton
Program in Neuroscience, Department of Biomedical Sciences, Dental School, Research Center for Neuroendocrine Influences on Pain, University of Maryland, Baltimore, MD, USA
Pain 132:S134-49. 2007....
- Abnormal activity of primary somatosensory cortex in central pain syndromeRaimi L Quiton
Program in Neuroscience, University of Maryland School of Medicine, 20 Penn St, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
J Neurophysiol 104:1717-25. 2010..Thus, the excruciatingly painful symptoms of CPS may result, at least in part, from abnormally increased activity in SI...
- Intersession reliability of fMRI activation for heat pain and motor tasksRaimi L Quiton
Department of Psychology, University of Maryland, Baltimore County, MD, USA Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology, School of Medicine, University of Maryland, Baltimore, MD, USA Department of Pain and Neural Sciences, School of Dentistry, and UM Center to Advance Chronic Pain Research, University of Maryland, Baltimore Country, MD, USA
Neuroimage Clin 5:309-21. 2014....
- Zona incerta: a role in central painRadi Masri
Department of Anatomy, University of Maryland School of Medicine, 20 Penn St, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
J Neurophysiol 102:181-91. 2009..Thus CPS can result from suppressed inputs from the inhibitory nucleus zona incerta to the posterior thalamus...
- Alcohol-triggered signs of migraine: An animal modelYaqoub Alabwah
a Department of Endodontics, Prosthodontics and Operative Dentistry, University of Maryland School of Dentistry, Baltimore, MD, USA
Somatosens Mot Res 33:35-41. 2016..In KCl-treated rats we discovered that alcohol injections (0.2 mg/kg), but not saline, resulted in the development of extracephalic allodynia and signs of ongoing pain. ..
- Across- and within-session variability of ratings of painful contact heat stimuliRaimi L Quiton
Department of Biomedical Sciences, Dental School, and Program in Neuroscience, University of Maryland, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
Pain 137:245-56. 2008..Taken together, these findings suggest that VAS ratings of painful contact heat are relatively stable over time but the variability of these ratings is significantly impacted by the perceived intensity of the stimulus...