Affiliation: University of Colorado Health Sciences Center
- Clinical variant of familial amyloid polyneuropathyDianna Quan
University of Colorado Neurosciences Center, 1635 North Ursula Street, Box F 727, Aurora, CO 80010, USA
Muscle Nerve 26:417-20. 2002..This is one of a few documented cases of the tyr77 mutation in North America. The clinical and electrophysiologic features of this unusual cause of sensorimotor polyneuropathy are discussed...
- Spinal and cranial hypertrophic neuropathy in multiple sclerosisDianna Quan
Department of Neurology, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Box F727, 4200 East Ninth Avenue, Denver, Colorado 80262, USA
Muscle Nerve 31:772-9. 2005..These cases suggest that the mechanism of disease in symptomatic central and peripheral demyelination may differ from that of disease in only one region, and that optimal therapy in this situation must be explored further...
- Danon disease presenting with dilated cardiomyopathy and a complex phenotypeMatthew R G Taylor
University of Colorado at Denver and Health Sciences Center, Aurora, CO, USA
J Hum Genet 52:830-5. 2007..Furthermore, the absence of vacuolar myopathy in biopsies from young patients may not exclude Danon disease...
- Neuromuscular hyperexcitability associated with acetylcholine receptor antibodies in a childBjörn Oskarsson
Department of Neurology, University of Colorado Denver, Colorado, USA
J Child Neurol 24:90-2. 2009..Response to immunomodulatory therapy has not previously been described in the pediatric population with autoimmune neuromuscular hyperexcitability. This case highlights that this is a treatable condition...
- A 71-year-old male with 4 decades of symptoms referable to both central and peripheral nervous systemDianna Quan
Department of Neurology, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, USA
Brain Pathol 15:369-70, 373. 2005..Microscopic examination showed some onion bulb formation in the CNS as well as in peripheral nerves. The nosology of these disorders is discussed and relevant animal models briefly reviewed...
- American Association of Neuromuscular & Electrodiagnostic Medicine evidenced-based review: use of surface electromyography in the diagnosis and study of neuromuscular disordersGregg D Meekins
Department of Neurology, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington, USA
Muscle Nerve 38:1219-24. 2008..sEMG may be useful for additional study of fatigue associated with post-poliomyelitis syndrome and electromechanical function in myotonic dystrophy (level C rating, class III data)...
- Impact of rituximab-associated B-cell defects on West Nile virus meningoencephalitis in solid organ transplant recipientsMarilyn E Levi
Division of Infectious Diseases, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Colorado Denver, Anschutz Medical Campus, Denver, CO 80045, USA
Clin Transplant 24:223-8. 2010..She experienced a rapidly progressive and devastating neurological course despite treatment and died three wk after onset of her symptoms. Autopsy revealed extensive meningoencephalomyelitis...