Thomas R Prohaska
Affiliation: University of Illinois at Chicago
- Physical activity and cognitive functioning: translating research to practice with a public health approachThomas R Prohaska
School of Public Health, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, IL, USA
Alzheimers Dement 3:S58-64. 2007....
- Walking and the preservation of cognitive function in older populationsThomas R Prohaska
Institute for Health Research and Policy MC275, University of Illinois at Chicago, 1747 West Roosevelt Road, Suite 558, Chicago, IL 60608, USA
Gerontologist 49:S86-93. 2009....
- Physical activity, public health, and aging: critical issues and research prioritiesThomas Prohaska
School of Public Health, University of Illinois, 1747 West Roosevelt Road, Room 558 M C275, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
J Gerontol B Psychol Sci Soc Sci 61:S267-73. 2006
- Environmental correlates of overweight and obesity in community residing older adultsAmy R Eisenstein
University of Illinois at Chicago, USA
J Aging Health 23:994-1009. 2011..This study examines the role of environmental correlates of overweight and obesity among older adults independent of walking activity and lower body function...
- Mobility and aging: new directions for public health actionWilliam A Satariano
School of Public Health, University of California, Berkeley, Berkeley, CA 94720, USA
Am J Public Health 102:1508-15. 2012..New strategies for research, practice, and policy are needed to move beyond categorical promotion programs in walking and driving to establish a comprehensive program to enhance safe mobility in all its forms...
- Prevalence and determinants of physical activity and fluid intake in kidney transplant recipientsElisa J Gordon
Department of Surgery, Transplant Surgery Division, Institute for Healthcare Studies, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Clin Transplant 24:E69-81. 2010..Self-care for kidney transplantation is recommended to maintain kidney function. Little is known about levels of self-care practices and demographic, psychosocial, and health-related correlates...
- Neighborhood characteristics and depressive symptoms in an older populationSusan L Ivey
a Community Health and Human Development, School of Public Health, University of California, Berkeley, CA, USA
Aging Ment Health 19:713-22. 2015....
- Feasibility of implementing the Strong for Life program in community settingsCaryn D Etkin
Center for Research on Health and Aging, University of Illinois at Chicago, IL 60608, USA
Gerontologist 46:284-92. 2006....
- The cross-sectional and longitudinal association between perceived neighborhood walkability characteristics and depressive symptoms in older Latinos: the "¡Caminemos!" studyRosalba Hernandez
University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, Urbana, IL, USA
J Aging Health 27:551-68. 2015..Evaluate the cross-sectional and longitudinal association between perceived walkability-related neighborhood characteristics (e.g., traffic safety) and depressive symptoms among community-dwelling older Latino adults...
- The longitudinal relationship between depression and walking behavior in older Latinos: The "¡Caminemos!" studyRosalba Hernandez
Northwestern Feinberg School of Medicine, Department of Preventive Medicine, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
J Aging Health 25:319-41. 2013..This study sought to evaluate the relationship between baseline depression and prospective engagement in walking and exercise behavior after enrollment in an exercise intervention...
- Hospital health promotion: swimming or sinking in an upstream business?Lori L Hilgerson
School of Public Health, University of Illinois at Chicago, USA
Health Promot Pract 4:56-63. 2003..Although moving upstream with health promotion, an analysis of program content suggests modifications may be necessary in order to serve as effective interventions for health priorities...
- A Cross-sectional Study of Depressive Symptoms and Diabetes Self-care in African Americans and Hispanics/Latinos With Diabetes: The Role of Self-efficacyRosalba Hernandez
School of Social Work, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, Urban, Illinois, USA Dr Hernandez, Mr Boughton Institute for Health Research and Policy and Community Health Sciences, School of Public Health at University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, Illinois, USA Dr Ruggiero, Dr Chavez, Dr Zhao College of Health and Human Services, George Mason University, Fairfax, Virginia, USA Dr Prohaska Community Health Sciences, School of Public Health at University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, Illinois, USA Dr Peacock School of Science and Technology, Middlesex University, London, UK Prof Nouwen
Diabetes Educ 42:452-61. 2016....
- Self-care strategies and barriers among kidney transplant recipients: a qualitative studyElisa J Gordon
Institute for Healthcare Studies, Feinberg School of Medicine, Department of Surgery, Division of Organ Transplantation, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Chronic Illn 5:75-91. 2009..We also examined attitudes about, barriers to undertaking, and strategies used to initiate and maintain adequate self-care for fluid intake, exercise and dietary practices...
- Challenges and opportunities in recruiting and retaining underrepresented populations into health promotion researchJan Warren-Findlow
School of Public Health, University of Illinois at Chicago, 60612, USA
Gerontologist 43:37-46. 2003....
- Pilot test of an attribution retraining intervention to raise walking levels in sedentary older adultsCatherine A Sarkisian
Division of Geriatrics, Department of Medicine, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California at Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 55:1842-6. 2007..To pilot test a new behavioral intervention to increase walking in sedentary older adults...
- The relationship between expectations for aging and physical activity among older adultsCatherine A Sarkisian
Department of Medicine, Division of Geriatrics, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, Calif 90095 1687, USA
J Gen Intern Med 20:911-5. 2005..New strategies to increase physical activity among sedentary older adults are urgently needed...
- Gerontological Public Health Training ProgramThomas Prohaska; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..