Affiliation: University of Washington
- Sleep impairments in healthy seniors: roles of stress, cortisol, and interleukin-1 betaP N Prinz
Department of Biobehavioral Nursing and Health Systems, University of Washington, Seattle, USA
Chronobiol Int 17:391-404. 2000..We used 24 h free urine cortisol to assess these age changes in healthy seniors. We hypothesized that free cortisol levels would explain individual differences in age-related sleep impairments...
- Urinary free cortisol and sleep under baseline and stressed conditions in healthy senior women: effects of estrogen replacement therapyP Prinz
Department of Biobehavioral Nursing and Health Systems, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195 7266, USA
J Sleep Res 10:19-26. 2001..Elevated 24-h UFC is associated with impaired sleep and earlier awakening in older women not on ERT, but not in women on ERT...
- Age impairments in sleep, metabolic and immune functionsPatricia N Prinz
Department of Biobehavioral Nursing and Health Systems, University of Washington, Box 357 266, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Exp Gerontol 39:1739-43. 2004..The possibility that chronic sleep impairment contributes to age changes in metabolism, systemic inflammation and immunocompetence is explored...
- Sleep, appetite, and obesity--what is the link?Patricia Prinz
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington, USA
PLoS Med 1:e61. 2004
- Sleep complaints cosegregate with illness in older adults: clinical research informed by and informing epidemiological studies of sleepMichael V Vitiello
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, University of Washington, Box 356560, Seattle, WA 98195 6560, USA
J Psychosom Res 53:555-9. 2002..In an effort to support this finding, we examined the relationships between clinical health screenings and sleep complaints and disorders in two large groups of potential research volunteers (total N=2954)...