Joseph G Pressey
Affiliation: University of Alabama at Birmingham
- Embryonal rhabdomyosarcoma with a novel t(2;6)(p23;p21.1)Joseph G Pressey
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Hematology Oncology, University of Alabama at Birmingham, 1600 7th Avenue South, ACC 512, Birmingham, AL 35233, USA
Cancer Genet Cytogenet 187:39-42. 2008..Despite the involvement of the 2p23 locus in the translocation, the tumor did not express ALK. The t(2;6)(p23;p21.1) is a novel finding in E-RMS that may provide insight into the pathogenesis of this relatively frequent childhood tumor...
- Hedgehog pathway activity in pediatric embryonal rhabdomyosarcoma and undifferentiated sarcoma: a report from the Children's Oncology GroupJoseph G Pressey
Division of Oncology, Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Pediatr Blood Cancer 57:930-8. 2011..A previous report utilizing in situ hybridization has provided initial evidence for the expression of Hh targets GLI1 and PTCH in RMS tumors...
- Sirolimus therapy for fibromatosis and multifocal renal cell carcinoma in a child with tuberous sclerosis complexJoseph G Pressey
Division of Hematology Oncology, Department of Pediatrics, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama, USA
Pediatr Blood Cancer 54:1035-7. 2010..In an attempt to avoid bilateral nephrectomies, the patient was treated with the mTOR inhibitor sirolimus. Within 6 months of therapy, the fibromatosis and remaining RCC tumors responded substantially with minimal adverse effects...
- 2D-difference gel electrophoretic proteomic analysis of a cell culture model of alveolar rhabdomyosarcomaJoseph G Pressey
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Hematology Oncology, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL 35233, USA
J Proteome Res 10:624-36. 2011..Thus, the 2D-DIGE proteomics methodology described here provided an important discovery approach to the study of RMS biology and complements the findings of previous mRNA expression studies...
- Rapamycin targeting mTOR and hedgehog signaling pathways blocks human rhabdomyosarcoma growth in xenograft murine modelSamer Z Kaylani
Division of Hematology and Oncology, Department of Pediatrics, University of Alabama at Birmingham, 1600 7th Avenue South, ACC 414, Birmingham, AL 35233, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 435:557-61. 2013..Our data provide bases for using rapamycin either alone or in combination with traditional chemotherapeutic drugs to block the pathogenesis of high risk RMS...
- CD133 marks a myogenically primitive subpopulation in rhabdomyosarcoma cell lines that are relatively chemoresistant but sensitive to mutant HSVJoseph G Pressey
Division of Hematology and Oncology, Department of Pediatrics, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL 35233, USA
Pediatr Blood Cancer 60:45-52. 2013..Cancer stem cells or cancer-initiating cells (CIC) represent a theorized population of cells that give rise to tumors and are responsible for treatment resistance...
- GLI inhibitor GANT-61 diminishes embryonal and alveolar rhabdomyosarcoma growth by inhibiting Shh/AKT-mTOR axisRitesh K Srivastava
Department of Dermatology, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama, 35294 0019, USA
Oncotarget 5:12151-65. 2014..Finally, reduced expression of proteins driving epithelial mesenchymal transition (EMT) characterized the residual tumors. ..
- Current concepts on the surgical and medical management of osteosarcomaHerrick J Siegel
University of Alabama at Birmingham, Orthopedic Specialties Building, 1313 13th St South, Suite 211, Birmingham, AL 35205, USA
Expert Rev Anticancer Ther 8:1257-69. 2008..Biologic targets that will enable new therapies to have maximum effect on tumor cells while minimizing toxicity to the host tissues need to be identified...
- Molecular pathogenesis of rhabdomyosarcomaShujuan J Xia
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, 36th Street and Hamilton Walk, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104 6082, USA
Cancer Biol Ther 1:97-104. 2002..Therefore, despite similarities in the downstream targets of these genetic alterations, the striking cytogenetic and molecular differences between ARMS and ERMS indicate distinct molecular etiologies in these two subtypes...
- Herpes simplex virus oncolytic therapy for pediatric malignanciesGregory K Friedman
Department of Pediatrics, Children s Hospital of Alabama, University of Alabama at Birmingham, USA
Mol Ther 17:1125-35. 2009....
- Successful treatment of preadolescents with small cell carcinoma of the ovary hypercalcemic typeJoseph G Pressey
Departments of Pediatrics, Division of Hematology Oncology Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Children s Hospital of Alabama, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL
J Pediatr Hematol Oncol 35:566-9. 2013..Small cell carcinoma of the ovary hypercalcemic type (SCCOHT) is a rare tumor with a peak incidence in young adulthood that historically has carried a poor prognosis...
- Primary Ewing sarcoma of the brain: a case report and literature reviewSyed Ali Jaffar Kazmi
Division of Neuropathology, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama 35294, USA
Diagn Mol Pathol 16:108-11. 2007..Demonstration of characteristic translocations by molecular studies differentiates CNS-EES from cPNET and help clinicians make informed decisions regarding therapy...
- Treatment of infantile hemangiomas with sirolimus in a patient with PHACE syndromeSamer Kaylani
Division of Hematology Oncology, Department of Pediatrics, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama
Pediatr Dermatol 30:e194-7. 2013..As an inhibitor of the mammalian target of rapamycin (mTOR) pathway, the effective use of sirolimus may shed light on the emerging role of mTOR signaling in the development and pathogenesis of IHs. ..
- Myelofibrosis in a patient with familial hemophagocytic lymphohistiocytosisGregory K Friedman
Division of Pediatric Hematology Oncology, Department of Pediatrics, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama, USA
Pediatr Blood Cancer 50:1260-2. 2008..We report a unique case of primary hemophagocytic lymphohistiocytosis (HLH) detected in an infant who had bone marrow biopsies demonstrating myelofibrosis, a finding not previously reported in primary HLH...
- Targeting wild-type and mutant p53 with small molecule CP-31398 blocks the growth of rhabdomyosarcoma by inducing reactive oxygen species-dependent apoptosisJianmin Xu
Department of Dermatology, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama 35294 0019, USA
Cancer Res 70:6566-76. 2010..Our findings indicate that the ability of CP-31398 to modulate wild-type and mutant p53 results in the inhibition of RMS growth and invasiveness...