Affiliation: University of California
- Interleukin-10 repletion suppresses pro-inflammatory cytokines and decreases liver pathology without altering viral replication in murine cytomegalovirus (MCMV)-infected IL-10 knockout miceYajarayma J Tang-Feldman
Division of Infectious Diseases, Department of Internal Medicine, University of California, Davis Health System, 4150 V St, Suite 500, Sacramento, CA 95817, USA
Inflamm Res 60:233-43. 2011..To determine the role of interleukin-10 (IL-10) in protecting against the deleterious pro-inflammatory cytokine response to murine cytomegalovirus (MCMV), we studied the impact of IL-10 repletion in MCMV-infected IL-10 knockout (KO) mice...
- Linking academic and clinical missions: UC Davis' integrated AHCClaire Pomeroy
School of Medicine, and Department of Internal Medicine and Microbiology and Immunology, University of California Davis, Sacramento, California 95817, USA
Acad Med 83:809-15. 2008..They also provide examples of how the UC Davis Health System has thus attracted philanthropists and investments from the private sector...
- Use of quantitative real-time PCR (qRT-PCR) to measure cytokine transcription and viral load in murine cytomegalovirus infectionYajarayma J Tang-Feldman
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Infectious and Immunologic Diseases, University of California, Davis Health System, Sacramento, CA, USA
J Virol Methods 131:122-9. 2006..In summary, qRT-PCR is a sensitive and accurate method to study MCMV infection and host responses to the virus...
- In vivo characterization of cytokine profiles and viral load during murine cytomegalovirus-induced acute myocarditisJethro Trees Ritter
Department of Internal Medicine, University of California, Davis Health System, Sacramento, CA 95817, USA
Cardiovasc Pathol 19:83-93. 2010..Murine cytomegalovirus (MCMV) is an etiologic agent of acute and chronic myocarditis in BALB/c mice. Immunologic host responses appear to play a key role in pathogenesis but have been incompletely defined...
- A murine model of dual infection with cytomegalovirus and Pneumocystis carinii: effects of virus-induced immunomodulation on disease progressionMahboob H Qureshi
Department of Basic Sciences, College of Osteopathic Medicine, Touro University Nevada, Henderson, NV, USA
Virus Res 114:35-44. 2005..These data suggest that MCMV infection inhibits the immune responses generated against PC which contribute to the delayed clearance of the organism...